• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pittsburgh's Best Restaurant?

:eek: I'd love to have a Primanti's for dinner tonight! Come on now--it beats pig poop. :lmao:

No, I would seriously rather eat ANYTHING else then a mystery meat sandwich from Primanti's. You could not pay me enough to eat that crap. I went to college downtown (Point Park) and one night my friends and I walked to the strip location around midnight. I ordered the roast beef with fries, but no slaw or egg. I watched the sandwich maker DROP my roast beef on the floor, pick it up and throw it back on the grill.:eek: I swore I would never eat there again and I haven't- its' been 12 years!

Besides the above happening, every time before that I have eaten there, the sandwiches are so darn greasy and just..... disgusting. Where's that puke smiley???

No, I would seriously rather eat ANYTHING else then a mystery meat sandwich from Primanti's. You could not pay me enough to eat that crap. I went to college downtown (Point Park) and one night my friends and I walked to the strip location around midnight. I ordered the roast beef with fries, but no slaw or egg. I watched the sandwich maker DROP my roast beef on the floor, pick it up and throw it back on the grill.:eek: I swore I would never eat there again and I haven't- its' been 12 years!

Besides the above happening, every time before that I have eaten there, the sandwiches are so darn greasy and just..... disgusting. Where's that puke smiley???

Your post made me laugh out loud. :lmao:

Now that Primanti's has branched out into the 'burbs, should you ever give Primanti's another chance (and after that story I can totally understand why you wouldn't), you might have a better experience in one of the newer shops.

Word to the wise - one should be incredibly drunk and not paying much attention when dropping by Primanti's in the Strip to enjoy a late-night sandwich. The same is true when heading to the O in Oakland for a late-night batch of fries and a hot dog. I'm just sayin......:rotfl:

Thai Place in Shadyside is awesome! I think I remember seeing a few years back that they were voted one of the country's top 10 Thai restaurants.

Hyeholde in Moon Township is pretty good.
And I know it's a chain, but Buca Di Beppo in Robinson is pretty good too.
It's Italian food and HUGE portions.:goodvibes

I ordered the roast beef with fries, but no slaw or egg. I watched the sandwich maker DROP my roast beef on the floor, pick it up and throw it back on the grill.:eek: I swore I would never eat there again and I haven't- its' been 12 years!

Hate to tell ya , I worked in many fast food and restaurant establishments and have seen that same thing happen even at the better places.

If you liike to eat out,,,anywhere, you definetly can't think of what goes on behind the scenes or you will never eat out again. :)

Another who is not a fan of Primanti's - I will occassionaly eat one, and always reccommend to those visiting Pittsburgh, but I'm sorry coleslaw is supposed to be creamy!!

Another vote for Tessaro's in Bloomfield their steak salads are to die for!

Del's in Bloomfield is pretty incredible Italian food also.

I think you mean Walnut Street, in the shopping area. Unfortunately, Cozumel closed sometime ago. The space is vacant at the moment.

I know its a chain, but I love the Melting Pot. It is at Station Square and if it is a nice night, it is really nice walking outside after dainner, in the courtyard where Hard Rock and Bar Louie are.

Kim

Ahh yes, Walnut Street. I haven't been out that way in so long. It's a shame Cozumel closed. :sad1: Another testiment to the fact that I really need to get out more. I'd love to hear more suggestions though.

Another who is not a fan of Primanti's - I will occassionaly eat one, and always reccommend to those visiting Pittsburgh, but I'm sorry coleslaw is supposed to be creamy!!

QUOTE]

Not my favorite either... not a fan of sweet coleslaw. Im really picky about my coleslaw though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter