Pitch Perfect

I just watched this with my 12 and 14 DDs last weekend. Great movie, and mostly fine for kids of any age. The only thing I remember that was inappropriate was that they implied that a college girl and guy were showering together. You only saw them from the shoulders up and that wasn't the point of the scene, they were actually talking to another girl in the bathroom. I really enjoyed it and so did my girls! (I just read the link the previous poster listed, and apparently I forgot about some of those things. I still think it was fine for a 12 year old, though.)

lovintheland said:
Would this movie be suitable for a 12 year old girl? Many thanks

IMO, no. There is some what I consider adult situations an bad language.

I would say yes. I tend to be pretty loose as far as restrictions on what kids watch/read, though, for what that's worth. But even still, I'd think it would be fine for her.

I saw it with my then 12 yo DD and I did not have any serious issues with it. It's definitely no worse than most things on TV.

I read the review at kidsinmind.com and couldn't help but be amused at the citing under Sex & Nudity: "Women exercise, running up and down stadium steps and holding their bosoms to keep from bouncing." :lmao:

I am a bit of a prude when it comes to movies and what my kids can watch, however, we watched this together. My daughter just recently turned 13 and my son is 9. We all loved the movie. Most of the stuff is what they will see on TV and it is no worse than what they see and hear at school.

The kids-in-mind website had some valid points, but uhm, where exactly are the things in the quote problems?
Many college-aged women wear short shirts that reveal bare abdomens and short-shorts that reveal most of their legs. Women wear skin-tight jeans and leggings that reveal curves of hips, buttocks and legs. Women wear tank tops and low-cut blouses that reveal cleavage. Two women reveal significant cleavage throughout the film. A woman wearing a swimming suit stands in a swimming pool and we see cleavage; beside her are three shirtless men. We see 8 men in a hot tub, revealing bare shoulders, arms and upper chests. We see a pregnant woman with a swollen belly under a T-shirt. We see a male swim team member wearing tight swim trunks that reveal his bare chest, arms and thighs.
► A man and a woman kiss briefly.

By those standards, honestly, you can't bring your kids to the mall or take them to a public pool or to the library or, heck, to a lot of workplaces.

I'm glad I saw this earlier. DD12 sent me a message from a friend's house tonight. They asked if she could watch this movie. After reading the review, I chose not to let her see it yet. Yes, I realize it is not much worse than what she will see on t.v. (not on any of our televisions, though) and the kids at school probably say and do worse. HOWEVER, if I let her watch it, I am saying those things are okay. I don't want to send her that message. That is generally how I decide whether or not she can watch a movie I consider "borderline" appropriate.

The movie while freaking hilarious is NOT in my opinion Ok for a 12 year to see. I have an 11 yr old and a 17 yr old. I let the 17 yr old watch it with me when I rented it last week but the 11yr old had to go watch TV in her room. I thought it was midly inappropriate for the 17 yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter