PIs for June 2008 - Jan 2009

What time did you get the call and was it casting or downtown disney that called you???

it was casting so they couldn't tell me too much about it. they just asked me questions about disney look and full availability, told me where i was placed, and asked me if i wanted 24 hours to think about it.

they called at about 3:00

it was casting so they couldn't tell me too much about it. they just asked me questions about disney look and full availability, told me where i was placed, and asked me if i wanted 24 hours to think about it.

they called at about 3:00

Thanks for the info,,,i'm still patiently waiting on a call...i hope i get one!!!

Word on the street is that alot of rejection e-mails are going out today....

May you be one of the unlucky! ;)

Yeah, I got one. Besides Food & Beverage, I applied for Rooms & related, operations and recreation. I figured I wouldn't get them, due to my educational and previous work history is all in food & beverage, which is the only position that I got called and interviewed for. I received an email regarding rooms & related, stating that I was not accepted, they found better qualified individuals.

Today marks the two weeks since my 2nd interview for food & beverage. At the end of the interview, they said I should hear something within two weeks. I sent in an email to Sandy asking if the position has been filled or if the interviewing process was still being conducted and she told me that I could be waiting as long as May 16. With all the applicants, I should expect that its going to be close to that date. Looking on the brighter side, the longer the decision process takes, the more time they have to review each of us and make the best fit decision.

Someone stated in another thread, that if you are relocating to Orlando for a management position, that they will help you out and compensate you up to two weeks at a hotel? This is the first I have heard of this. Is there any truth behind this?

I was accepted as a Hotel/Operations professional intern. They told me that I would have to find my own apartment. Does anybody know of an affordable apartment complex in the area where other interns are staying?

I was accepted as a Hotel/Operations professional intern. They told me that I would have to find my own apartment. Does anybody know of an affordable apartment complex in the area where other interns are staying?

you mean management internship? there is no apartment complex per se for management interns, due to conflict of interest, (disney doesn't want you fraternizing with potential subordinates) you need to either rent an apt, or find an apt that has interns that are not in your line of work to avoid the appearance of impropriety...

Congratulations!
I am doing MI for Rooms and Related, too. Do you know which department and resort you will be working at? I do not know yet. I am just curious...

I believe there are many apartments and condos for rent in Kissimmee and Windermere. They are not too far from Disney. Kissimmee should be cheaper than Windermere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter