Pirates

momrek06

DIS Veteran
I just realized PIRATES has opened back up!!! pirate:

Who has been on POTC since the refurbishment? What is new and what exactly did they do? How do you like it? It was down for a few months!

Details, DISer's!!! :yay:

The bulk of the work was expanding the exit dock to accommodate more handicap access ON the dock instead of outside the exit. On the fog, Blackbeard and Davy Jones alternate. Some audio changed. Most changes aren't noticeable.

The build the work was expanding the exit dock to accommodate more handicap access ON the dock instead of outside the exit. On the fog, Blackbeard and Davy Jones alternate. Some audio changed. Most changes aren't noticeable.

Oh, ok! Thanks, Shannon! :goodvibes

I've been. Was there the day it re-opened.
Davey Jones and Black Beard are there in the mist..
The line moved rather quick, the expanded loading dock worked like a charm.. It was Great as usual, it's been my fave ride since I was three and I'm 40!:cool1:

Too bad they didn't put in a system to make flash photographers walk the plank. ;)

I've been. Was there the day it re-opened.
Davey Jones and Black Beard are there in the mist..
The line moved rather quick, the expanded loading dock worked like a charm.. It was Great as usual, it's been my fave ride since I was three and I'm 40!:cool1:

I heard it re-opened on November 23rd! Haven't been yet but it will be the first thing I ride when I get over there. :thumbsup2

OHHHH, I just re-read your post….you were stating that you were there the day it re-opened……hahahaha. I thought you were asking IF there was a re-open day……hahaha!

Too bad they didn't put in a system to make flash photographers walk the plank. ;)

And for those who :chat::chat::chat: during the bayou scene. Someday I'm going to lose my cool and start yelling SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! :rolleyes1

That would be so great! LOL

I read that the animatronics' movements were made smoother/etc. and they did look really good to me. When I went last week and early this week, some of the effects had some issues--the first time I rode, the shadow fight scene at the fort was gone. It was mostly fixed (but a bit out of focus) the next time. The last time, one of the goats was motionless. There was an awful lot of fog (which wasn't intentional, I believe)--but I kind of liked that.

Anyway, I imagine there may be another week or so when they're fine-tuning the ride. It looks good though!

Taking flash photos??

Definitely not. You lose so much of what's going on that way. Now if someone had a video camera that was 1) non-intrusive and 2) had no little red light that annoys people, they could film it for me. :) (No, I don't have one.)

Definitely not. You lose so much of what's going on that way. Now if someone had a video camera that was 1) non-intrusive and 2) had no little red light that annoys people, they could film it for me. :) (No, I don't have one.)

I know....I was joking, that's why I added the :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:;) at the end :)

Ha Ha! I would vote for that addition.:thumbsup2

And for those who :chat::chat::chat: during the bayou scene. Someday I'm going to lose my cool and start yelling SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! :rolleyes1

I want to be in the boat BEHIND you when that happens! lol

Ah.... great minds do think alike! Now walk the plank you flash picture takin' landlubber you scurvy dog you! pirate:

I just realized PIRATES has opened back up!!! pirate:

Who has been on POTC since the refurbishment? What is new and what exactly did they do? How do you like it? It was down for a few months!

Details, DISer's!!! :yay:
They only did maintenance work, nothing new added or anything like that.

We were there last week. Here's what I noticed different: The loading/unloading area was definitely bigger. There was a LOT more smoke/fog in the water battle scene, and the ride was SLOW. I mean, painfully slow. The first two times we rode, we kept bumping up against other boats, and just BARELY inching along. The last time we rode it seemed to be better, but still very slow compared to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter