Pirates was open yesterday!?

spacy9

Mouseketeer
Yesterday was our first day at the parks. As we were walking from Big Thunder Mountain to Jungle Cruise we saw people going into Pirates. Sure enough we followed and rode Pirates with maybe a 3 minute wait. This was around 9PM on 5/29.

Are they done with the refurb super early? Does anyone know if they will be open anymore or if they will remain closed?

One quick observation is that we got quite wet from the cannon splashes this time which had never happened before. We didn't notice anything else different.

Oh, I didn't know it had changed. It had originally stated it would be closed in May.

Oh, I didn't know it had changed. It had originally stated it would be closed in May.
Yep, they pushed out the beginning of it such that it goes down for refurb a day or two (i forget) after our first park day. I was super excited and switched one of my FPs for it.

We will be in Epcot on the last day it is open but we are not willing to change our days around to ride.

I spoke to a manager who happened to be there when we rode a couple of weeks ago. He said the refurb would actually be things that guests probably wouldn't notice - mechanical, HVAC, etc. FWIW, with all of the horror stories I've seen posted, I was hesitant to ride. ODS really wanted to though. We didn't experience any issues, and everything looked fine to me, just as I remembered. I was so glad we did it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter