Pirates, Tips, and More....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cmyers2, Jan 7, 2013.

1. cmyers2

cmyers2 Earning My Ears

We are newbies sailing in a couple weeks on a 3 night.

1. Do they still give out bandanas for Pirate Night.

2. I didn't prepay tips. How is that handled? Do I need cash or is it charged to my room? About how much?

3. My kids are 8 & 9. Although they won't spend a lot of time in the kids area, hubby and I want to check out the Skyline. So what's better Oceaneer Club or Oceaneer Lab?

4. Is breakfast in MDR a buffet or sit down?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

It's my understanding they are still giving out the bandanas for pirate night. At breakfast you have the option of going to mdr or cabanas.

4. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

They will add the tips to your onboard acct the last night but you can go to guest relations if you want to adjust them.

5. abitagirl916

abitagirl916 Disneymaniac

And Disney recommends $12 per person per day, but of course, as above, you can adjust the amount.

6. ededmd

ededmd Mouseketeer

Unless they've changed recently, over the years the size of the bandana has shrunk. It is a small triangle shape. Small enough that it is appropriate for waving in the air, using to secure a small girls hair, or tying around your wrist / ankle. Don't think full size bandana.

7. samily

samily DIS Veteran

Enjoy your cruise!

8. Kimosabe

Kimosabe DIS Veteran

Royal Court (MDR) is total sit-down experience -- i.e., ordering from a menu.
    Enchanted Garden (MDR) is a nice compromise -- buffet, but waiters still check on you, bring drinks, etc.
    Cabanas is total do-it-yourself -- buffet and get your own drinks.

Cabanas offers outdoor seating if you want it, so that can add an intangible benefit to breakfast, but the MDRs have some beautiful big views, too, if you can score a window seat. The Enchanted Garden buffet seems nicer than Cabanas because you're in an MDR, but Cabanas actually has more variety. Honestly, you can probably create most of the Royal Court menu from the Cabanas buffet...it's just a matter of how long the Eggs Benedict might have been sitting on the buffet as opposed to being made fresh-ish in RC!