Pirates Theme Night Question

pjtm

DIS Veteran
We just booked our cruise for next Aug and I can't wait! We are taking our two sons - they will be 3 and 1!

what is the pirate night theme? Should I be looking for Captain Feathersword costunmes for them?

Any other cute boy activities? I don't think my husband will let them dress up as princesses!

pjtm said:
We just booked our cruise for next Aug and I can't wait! We are taking our two sons - they will be 3 and 1!

what is the pirate night theme? Should I be looking for Captain Feathersword costunmes for them?

Any other cute boy activities? I don't think my husband will let them dress up as princesses!

Yes, you should get pirate costumes for them, most kids will be wearing them. There are two parts to the night - pirate dinner and pirate party. During dinner your servers will be dressed as pirates, and there will be a show just before desert is served. On our cruise the servers grabbed all the kids and created a massive conga line with a limbo stick down the center of the main aisle. You will be given a bandanna at dinner, and the menu looks like a pirate treasure map.

The pirate party starts around 9:45 I believe, there is a buffet and music, followed by a fireworks show. Unfortunately the kids were exhausted and didn't make it to the party so I don't know how it was.

I think the Magic gets into pirate night more than the Wonder. When we were on the Wonder June/05, none of the waiters dressed up and the menus were normal menus. Our family had dinner at Tritons that night and we were the only ones dressed up. Everyone kept staring at us :earseek: . During dinner they passed out the pirate bandanas and almost everyone put them on. It became a party atmosphere after that.

On the Magic, it seems that the whole night is a pirate party from what I hear. I guess we'll find out next March. :banana:

Sandy

After reading about Pirate Night here on the boards, DW decided we should all bring costumes. We dressed up for dinner, and with the exception of a few kids, and one older gentleman in a great pirate captain outfit, we were the only ones dressed up. I did feel a bit embarrassed at first, but I am very happy I did it. We had a great time, and got into the festive mood. We got a lot of compliments from CM’s and other guests. It appears word has gotten out, and more people are getting dressed up. I plan to do it again.

The deck party starts at 9:45. Our kids were very tired, so we got a spot up on deck 10 overlooking the stage, and the kids huddled up on a lounge chair. Two of them fell a sleep for a bit. Next time, we’ll try to schedule an afternoon nap.

At the deck party the usual cast of characters are there dressed in pirate gear. Then Hook comes a long and takes over the party. Soon, after Mickey and his friends return to take back the Ship, and then the Fireworks begin. Very cool party. Don’t miss it.

150996974203_0_ALB.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter