Pirates queue meets Haunted queue

Spassvogel

6'7" 350lbs of Fun
Today the the Pirates queue was so extended that it was brushing up against the Haunted Mansion extended queue. I'd never seen anything like it. They even had half the bridge taken up with a loopback on the far end, and it went all the way down about even with the train station on the other end. Was there any reason today was so busy? I thought So. Cal passes were blacked out, were they all tourists?

Even when the weather turned it didn't seem to thin out all that much until after the last Fantasmic show.

Wow! That's crazy! I don't think I've ever seen it that backed up. Not really sure what was going on to do it. ..

Wow! That is bad. I am planning to make a visit to the DL today with DD today. Now I am a little scared.

Crowd levels on mousewait yesterday were a steady 85/90 both parks all day.

We are actually in town and going later with a few other AP friends and I warned them already as we live 6 hours away they can pop in more frequently so aren't used to the more hectic crowds.

I think there is a championship in town for Monday as well contributing.

Crowd levels on mousewait yesterday were a steady 85/90 both parks all day. We are actually in town and going later with a few other AP friends and I warned them already as we live 6 hours away they can pop in more frequently so aren't used to the more hectic crowds. I think there is a championship in town for Monday as well contributing.

Do you have a subscription to that where you can see what it is supposed to be for the next few days? If so please let me know. :)

Crowd levels on mousewait yesterday were a steady 85/90 both parks all day.

We are actually in town and going later with a few other AP friends and I warned them already as we live 6 hours away they can pop in more frequently so aren't used to the more hectic crowds.

I think there is a championship in town for Monday as well contributing.
Good thinking! The Rose Bowl is the site for the BCS Championship game Monday night.

It is nearing the end of the holiday season. HM holiday will close soon to revert back to it's regular version. Kids are still out of school. Deluxe passes are not blocked out and that also has to be a huge chunk of the AP population. Lots of people may have gotten Disney APs or tickets or gift cards or just plain cash for Christmas and are out there at the parks using their new gifts. Like PP said other special events, i.e. sports, are drawing team members, their families, their fans, and so on to the area. The weather has been beautiful. Lots of reasons for the parks to be crowded.

Yick! As much as I wish we were still at Disney, I would not like to be in that crowd. Why does management let it get that crowded?! For the money you pay, you should be able to get on more than three or four rides in a day! The quality of the experience is so diminished when the parks get that crowded. I guess that as long as people keep wanting to get in, management will keep taking their money. Even though he was a businessman, I don't think that was Walt's way. He truly believed in quality.

It was like that all day Thurs and Fri. Most people we saw were vacationers, MANY wearing shirts from competing teams in games played at Rose Bowl, some we heard had come for the Rose Parade and took a trip to DLR.

I have been going to DL for 18 years and never have seen that either. We went yesterday and didn't think it was that bad and I cannot stand being in heavy crowds. Yes, the lines were long especially in the afternoon, but it didn't have that crammed feeling at all for some reason. I have gone and been packed like sardines in the walkways, but there wasn't any of that yesterday. It was strange, but awesome.

We drove up from San Diego, got right in a few minutes before opening and rode many rides in the first four hours. We also ate lunch in this time.
Star Tours x 2
Space Mountain
Rockets (I can't believe I am spacing on the name)
Indiana Jones
Jingle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Small World
DL Railroad

We headed over to DCA around 2pm and enjoyed many rides there before heading back to DL at 8pm. We rode Haunted Mansion and decided to do Splash once more. We got DRENCHED, completely soaked from waist down. Unfortunately this put an early end to our night, but it was an amazing day!!!

KelsiesMommy said:
It was like that all day Thurs and Fri. Most people we saw were vacationers, MANY wearing shirts from competing teams in games played at Rose Bowl, some we heard had come for the Rose Parade and took a trip to DLR.

^^^^this^^^^
As a local AP I can make the choice to deal or not with the crowds. We have visited DLR at least 10 times over the Holiday Season mostly during the week after work in late November and early December . So not going today and dealing with the tourist was an easy choice to make.

Today the the Pirates queue was so extended that it was brushing up against the Haunted Mansion extended queue. I'd never seen anything like it. They even had half the bridge taken up with a loopback on the far end, and it went all the way down about even with the train station on the other end. Was there any reason today was so busy? I thought So. Cal passes were blacked out, were they all tourists?

Even when the weather turned it didn't seem to thin out all that much until after the last Fantasmic show.
It was like that from about the 26th. It is the normal Christmas Vacation crowd.

Yick! As much as I wish we were still at Disney, I would not like to be in that crowd. Why does management let it get that crowded?! For the money you pay, you should be able to get on more than three or four rides in a day! The quality of the experience is so diminished when the parks get that crowded. I guess that as long as people keep wanting to get in, management will keep taking their money. Even though he was a businessman, I don't think that was Walt's way. He truly believed in quality.

I absolutely agree!!

^^^^this^^^^ As a local AP I can make the choice to deal or not with the crowds. We have visited DLR at least 10 times over the Holiday Season mostly during the week after work in late November and early December . So not going today and dealing with the tourist was an easy choice to make.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's the end of the Christmas offerings. It's been gorgeous weather. Some people are still on vacation. Some schools haven't gone back yet. It's the perfect storm - Disney style.

I would expect it to be tremendously busy the next few days as well --- and no, it's not "the locals."

- Dreams

Arrived at DCA around 11:30, Mickey and friends was closed so had to go to toy story lot. It's definitely busy but not wall to wall yet. 30 min standby for Soarin which is accurate. Will update more as able.

That was the weird thing. The park itself didn't have the wall to wall people feeling I've had during previous visits (like when the new Fantasmic debuted a few years ago, but those lines touching like that was just something I'd never seen before.

Would you prefer to buy tickets, show up, and not get in? The fire marshal does limit the number of people in the park. We were there on days when the park was closed for capacity, and we rode more than 3-4 rides every day. People complain about the prices, yet to get the experience you prefer, you need to increase the prices, supply and demand. More people would be upset if they showed up at the gates at 11am, only to find them closed for the new capacity of "This many people have showed up, and we can only have XXX number to make sure we provide a better quality experience. Come back and try again tomorrow."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter