Pirates Queue... Left or Right?

For those who said that it is natural to go right, that only works for 85% of people. The other 15% are lefties like me! :thumbsup2

I have only been on it once so have no opinion but other than seeing if the line is longer on one side than the other, I would most likely go left.

Touringplans and others have done studies on this; the "everybody goes right" thing is a complete myth.

Go whichever way fewer people are going. On Pirates, we've actually seen cast members shouting that there are two lines; people still follow the herd. :rotfl2:

We always go right.

Now that I think about it, we tend to go right on most rides. However, I once read that if you can't see which side is longer, go left.

My mom and I almost always go left and we have never been in the longer line (weird I know haha). Once years ago at night we went left and there was nobody in the entire hallway down...except for captain jack sparrow and another pirate. They were standing very still as though they were fake, I (being like 12) told my mom "umm, they're breathing" and to that they moved said "they're on to us, flee" and ran down the hall and up the steps into the theming area. It was one of my best Disney experiences ever :)

I guess I've never really paid attention to themes... how is each side different?

And is one side actually longer than the other? You'd think there'd be some scale blueprints circulating around the internet or something...

Funny on how some of us choose sides so easily and others step back and try to analyze everything...

My mom and I almost always go left and we have never been in the longer line (weird I know haha). Once years ago at night we went left and there was nobody in the entire hallway down...except for captain jack sparrow and another pirate. They were standing very still as though they were fake, I (being like 12) told my mom "umm, they're breathing" and to that they moved said "they're on to us, flee" and ran down the hall and up the steps into the theming area. It was one of my best Disney experiences ever :)

That's funny... I love it!

as everyone knows the "office space effect" will be in order meaning whatever one you chose the other will move faster.

I guess I've never really paid attention to themes... how is each side different?

And is one side actually longer than the other? You'd think there'd be some scale blueprints circulating around the internet or something...

Funny on how some of us choose sides so easily and others step back and try to analyze everything...

The left or port side features a tour of the Castillo Del Morro's armory. The starboard side is a tour of the Dungeons. Before the redesign they were very nearly the same length, but they did add a little bit to the right side when they redesigned the queue over the summer. You're talking a line length of maybe half a boat difference either way, so if the lines are to the doors it won't matter which side you go down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter