• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage

I just stumbled upon this.... I have little info on this could someone give a more detailed description of what exactly is involved?

Is it just your family or is it a huge boat with lots of other families and if so how many would you say? I noticed some saying they were at the "back" of the boat and didn't have a good view? any and all info would be GREATLY appreciated :) TIA !!

ampc3 said:
I just stumbled upon this.... I have little info on this could someone give a more detailed description of what exactly is involved?

Is it just your family or is it a huge boat with lots of other families and if so how many would you say? I noticed some saying they were at the "back" of the boat and didn't have a good view? any and all info would be GREATLY appreciated :) TIA !!

It is not a private boat. You can rent private ones to watch the fireworks. But its not pirate . We had about three other families with us.

We did the Pirate Fireworks Cruise for the 1st time last September, & we loved it!

Our younger DS's favorite character is Peter Pan, so it was very special meeting him on the dock at the end of the cruise.

The refreshments & meeting Captain Hook & Smee before the cruise were fun too! And the boat captains were wonderful!! So funny! There are fun sing-alongs, & the captains get everyone involved!

I will say, though, your cruise experience may vary depending on where you're seated in the boat. You are given an assigned seat/row in the boats. One side of the boat gets a front row view of the nightly Electrical Parade, & the other side gets a front row view of "Wishes". We were on the side of the boat directly facing "Wishes." Had we been on the other side of the boat, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the cruise as well - some of the fireworks would have been blocked by people's heads.

It's a boat that holds 60 people, and your seats are pre-assigned. But I have changed dates three times in the past couple of weeks for a trip that starts in 3 weeks, so I don't know if we're just there at a dead time or if it's really not that popular (yet).

And although the website said it goes only Friday-Monday, we are going on Thursday, 2/28. The CM at reservations says you should always ask because they often add dates.

The number is 407-939-7529.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/

It's a boat that holds 60 people, and your seats are pre-assigned. But I have changed dates three times in the past couple of weeks for a trip that starts in 3 weeks, so I don't know if we're just there at a dead time or if it's really not that popular (yet).

And although the website said it goes only Friday-Monday, we are going on Thursday, 2/28. The CM at reservations says you should always ask because they often add dates.

The number is 407-939-7529.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/

Thank you!

For this cruise, are 10 and over an adult?

Yes, in most cases children 10 and over are considered adults.

When we were at WDW last my DS was 3 and was scared to death of the fireworks because of the noise. On 4th of July he stays in the house to view them because of the noise but he likes to watch. So on the cruise is it loud? Is it a meal or just snack foods? What characters? How much per person?

I haven't been on this cruise yet but have done lots of research as we're interested in doing this in October, but from what I understand you get a buttload of snack foods. Cookies, pretzels, baked goods, bottled water, etc. My kids are also not fond of very loud fireworks so I think this vantage point would be perfect for kids who may like the lights but not the booms.:)

We are thinking about doing Pirates&Pals if we can't get a ressie at the TT dessert party. My parents hate crowds but would like to see the fireworks, and I think DD would love meeting Captain Hook and Smee. One question- can you see Tinkerbell fly from the boat? Or is that something you need to be in MK to see?

I doubt you'd be able to see Tink from the boat. It's too far away. Usually to see Tink you have to be in the Hub or it looks as if she flies right over the TT dessert party area so I'm sure you could see her there.

I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the cruise as well - some of the fireworks would have been blocked by people's heads.
'

I agree that the side facing wishes has a much better view. We were on the other side of the boat. Kids that had a front row view were still standing on their seats and blocking the view for people on our side of the boat.

Can you request a particular row? And how far in advance can you book?

You can see Tink from the boat, but you have to actually know what you are looking for and what she is. A young child would not just be able to tell they are seeing Tink fly. My two year olds were clueless. Perhaps an older child would have been excited about it.

disneysplash said:
'

I agree that the side facing wishes has a much better view. We were on the other side of the boat. Kids that had a front row view were still standing on their seats and blocking the view for people on our side of the boat.

I am very interested in this voyage, but I'd hate to pay almost $300 for our family if we can't even ensure a good view! I've heard folks could get a good view of both Wishes and the electrical water parade from the Contemporary beach. So the extra $ for this voyage really just guarantees the characters and snacks?

Am I assuming correctly that when you book you can't actually ask for a specific side or row? Is it just first come, first served? Or do they assign seats randomly? Just curious!

Am I assuming correctly that when you book you can't actually ask for a specific side or row? Is it just first come, first served? Or do they assign seats randomly? Just curious!

Randomly assigned. You will be given your row location well before getting to the boat.

Thank you for posting the Kenny the pirate web site link -- I really liked the blog about the pirates & pals fireworks activity -- it really is helpful to know what to expect before plunking down so much money for this activity so you're not disappointed. I agree that it seems to be more about the evening with the characters, snacks, and pre-show than about actually seeing the fireworks from the best viewing spot since one side of the boat will have obstructed viewing.

We are doing this in a few weeks with grandkids, looking forward to it.

Do they have Photopass photographers at the Contemporary part of the evening?

Give the link here a look......

https://www.google.com/search?q=pir...rchive%2Findex.php%2Fthread-1452.html;604;453

Photopass photographers were present in the lobby area right outside the snack room (we posed for pics with a pirate statue there), inside the snack room (for Hook and Smee), and at the boat dock (for Peter Pan). :thumbsup2

I am the original poster of this thread and I am happy to see so many great comments about the P&P Voyage.

My next question is - when and how can you book? Can you book at 180+10 or just 180? Can you do it online or just by phone?

Thanks!

Several posters have mentioned taking children under 3 on the voyage. Do you have to pay the child price for them since they'll be taking up a seat or is it free for them? I'm planning on scheduling this for our trip!

I am the original poster of this thread and I am happy to see so many great comments about the P&P Voyage.

My next question is - when and how can you book? Can you book at 180+10 or just 180? Can you do it online or just by phone?

Thanks!

We just did the Pirates and Pals cruise 2 days ago. We loved it. Everyone gathered at the Contemporary and were given bandanas to wear. When we checked in we were told which boat we would be on (there were two boats)and our family's row number. We were on the left side of the "Smee" boat and had a wonderful view of Wishes. The pirate that led the cruise was hysterical.

You must book by phone, you cannot do it online. I first tried to book at our 180+10 day but the dates hadn't been released for booking yet. I kept trying back once a week for about two months or so and approximately 4 months before the cruise date they were able to start booking. Each time I called, they couldn't tell me when the dates would be released, they just said to keep trying back.

There were PP photographers in the room for the meet and greet with Hook and Smee and again at the dock when we returned for photos with Peter Pan.

I really preferred the cruise over watching Wishes in the park crowds. By the time we met Peter Pan it was probably around 10:45 so we took a cab back to the Beach Club rather than going back to MK for a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter