Pirates opening guess

I know I'm jumping the gun, but just curious if anyone has heard any early numbers yet? Tonight's the night for our $19.00 towards the record!

We saw it twice last night. So I guess we contributed our $38 towards the total. Anyone hear any numbers yet?

When seen at the Drive-in does that count towards all 3 movies,just the main feature ,or do they split our $8 each between the 3.
They had to shut the line down it got so long it was overflowing into the highway ( they announced it hasn't happened in a long time ). After PotC (2nd show) the place emptied out almost.

According to Boxofficemojo.com Friday's take was just over $55.5 million. Biggest day ever!

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

I loved the movie. To me, it really was the type of movie that Walt would have made if he was around now. And that ending... can't wait for Memorial day!

Okay, the current record holder for opening weekend box office is Spiderman 1 at 114.8 million. Boxofficemojo had a "forecast" for POTC2 at 116.9, which would make it the record breaker. The big news today was that it has broken the all-time record for an opening day, 55.5 million (Revenge of the Sith was the previous record holder at 50.? million).

Sooo, it could very well break boxofficemojo's guess at 116.9 million...which, I may add, naysayers were claiming was way too optimistic.

As a relatively new Disney shareholder, the thing that makes me even happier about this is that almost everyone I've spoken with who's seen the movie plans on going again!

Karla B. :thumbsup2

All shows were sold out yesterday when we could go. But we have our tickets for tonight! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2:

We went last night and can't wait to go again. It's THAT good (at least to us). This movie, IMHO, will have legs because it is something that teenagers with disposable income can go to again and again without the parents complaining. There isn't anything objectionable to in the movie that would prevent them from going. Kudos to Disney!

I would guess with Friday's take, that it will hit in excess of $115. Based on Spiderman's percentages it will take in excess of $150. I don't think it will do that, but 120Mil is a real possibility.

MJMcBride said:
I would say 65 million opening

Wow did I miss this or what. Seems I'll be about half right. I could lie and say I meant opening day not weekend. :confused3

Just thought I'd update you guys. So far,with final numbers due Monday, Pirates has grossed 132 million dollars in its first three days!

I think the pirates found the treasure!

Fast Pass said:
Just thought I'd update you guys. So far,with final numbers due Monday, Pirates has grossed 132 million dollars in its first three days!

I think the pirates found the treasure!

Wow! I said $104 Million....a bit off, I'd say!
Had to go again today with my DH and oldest son who was at camp...I had to suffer through with Capt Jack and Will...tough day!

That's it? Well I guess I'll just grab my WL refillable mugs from a few years back & head down to the Lodge for some free soda then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter