Pirates of the Carribean Closed

Common sense boats move they are in water. In todays society evryone is out to blame someone other than themselves, and expect to get money. As far as the kid falling out of the car and getting hurt, where were the parents? Why didn't they monitor their child or tell them the rules of the ride. I have seen warnings on all rides either at the enterance or loading area. I don't want it to get to the point where we have to be strapped in with a harness on simple rides. People need to wake up and take accountability for their actions.

While in the load/unload area, the boats are on large belts, not floating in water. The belt malfunctioned and caused the woman to stumble. It's sad, but sometimes these things happen. All rides at WDW have new signs saying "remain seated and supervise children" on the walls and in the ride units. This happened after the man stepped out of his log at Splash Mt.

Flamingoes get their pink coloration from the shrimp that they eat. Shrimp are pink because, of course, they eat flamingoes.

I don't know what happened so I can't comment about this situation. If there was a problem and it caused the fall okay. But with all the closed rides I think Disney needs to start thinking about extending AP's and lowering ticket costs... this is getting out of hand.

Rocket Rods (Rehab... yeah right)
Submarines (Closed)
Fort Wilderness (Accident)
Roger Rabbit (Accident)
Space Mtn. (Rehab)
Small World (Change over)

And now Pirates...

I love going to Disneyland but all the closures gets annoying. During our visit we saw all the tacky out of place new warning signs. Had to laugh at the ones in the Haunted Mansion on the back of the Doom Buggies, like you could read them 5-6 feet away in the dark.

<font face="Tahoma"> SteveH
<font color="#000080">Co-Moderator:</font> <font color="#000080"> Resorts Board
<font color="#008080">Webmaster:</font> <font color="#008080"> Coronado Springs Photo & Info Site</font>
<font color="#CC0099">Bound for the Grand Californian at Disneyland

Don't forget Alice in Wonderland where a 15 year old broke his foot and there was that derailment of Space Mountain a few months ago I believe. Hmm let's see accidents in this order around the park.. Tomorrowland, Toontown, Fantasyland, Frontierland, and now New Orlenas Square...the only safe land right now would be Adventureland till someone get mauled by a Jungle Crusie hippo or those air blasts hit thier head to hard causing brain damage on Indiana Jones :rolleyes: This is a clear case of an individual not following instructions which are brodcasted loud and clear. She has no one to blame but herself.

Mike

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

MIKE---LOL!!! I get injured at DL all the time! I'm a class A klutz!!! I had to laugh about your Adventureland comment though! About 2 years ago, I was "attacked" by a huge tree limb that fell from one of the trees on the Jungle Cruise! It hit me in the head and got black gooey stuff on me! They stopped the ride and a bunch of "suits" came up behind us on another boat, checked me out, removed the tree limb then asked...."Would you like to come back with us or would you prefer to continue your adventure?" I was dirty but fine, so I continued. I thought it was pretty funny.

Due to my numerous DL injuries, (I must say that I have always had excellent care there), I usually tend to think that most of these "accidents" could be easily avoided with a little common sense from the injured parties. HOWEVER, I am suspicious of DL on this one! I have seen this kind thing almost happen several times because the CM's are so busy talking about their next break or party, that they just don't pay attention. I think it is very possible, in this case, that they just weren't making sure the woman was completely out of the boat.
Anyway, just my 50 cents
;) (way too long just to be 2 cents)

<marquee direction="right" align="left" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#FF0066><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>LISA</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee direction="left" align="right" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#6600CC><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>"Diva of Dragons"</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee>
ariel11.gif
</marquee>

Mike, The belt lurched forward, according to another report this was because the CM at the console hit the button too early. Since the guest has no control over the belt (the boat is not floating at load/unload), I would hardly say that the guest was at fault.

Flamingoes get their pink coloration from the shrimp that they eat. Shrimp are pink because, of course, they eat flamingoes.

What was she doing standing up though? The way I understand it, the boat was not at unload yet and the exiting guests had not been told to stand up and exit. Now if she was standing up because they had already unloaded the boat except for her and were sending it then why would they be sending an empty boat at 3pm on a busy day? Unlike Pirates at WDW where there is a separate unload and load area...DL's Pirates has a single load/unload. This might clear things up. The woman was at fault because she stood up before the boat was fully stopped and the CM gave the go ahead, which they do. All rides at Disney inform you to stay seated until the ride is at a complete stop, any themepark goer should observe this.

Mike

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

Mouseplanet article

DVC 12/00
WDW - 12/00 (DxL), 8/96 (CR/GF)
DL - 8/00 (offsite), 11/99 (DLH), 8/98 (DLH), 8/97 (offsite), 12/96 (offsite), 6/94 (DLH), and numerous visits as a child...

Well this article means that guests were climbing over the barrier in order to get out. The boats have to be lined up exactly in order to exit the boat. And this accident happened because Ride ops were in position for two hours....please i've spent a whole 8 hour shift in the same position without making a mistake like that. Going by that basis everyone will get injured or die because it happens all the time. I have friends that work at all the surrounding theme parks and 2 hours in position is sometimes a picnic...Something happened there that neither Mouseplanet or CNN has reported maybe it's just the ride op in me jumping to there defense but I don't buy it...

Mike

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter