• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates Of The Caribbean - Picture Of The Day!!

AndyMcV

DIS Veteran
Hi Gang

Ever since I was a little kid I've loved the Pirates of the Caribbean. I still think it's one of the best attractions at WDW today. I wanted to start a thread where we could see lots of pictures of this attraction.

If you have any pictures of this attraction/ride then post away. :)

Here goes....

POCStart.jpg

Thanks for the picture! I am really going to miss it, since it will be closed when we are there. I remember it as a favorite from my childhood and was looking forward to taking my children. I guess I better start planning another trip for after it reopens. :teeth:

Great idea since it will be closed for the next few months...at least those going during that time can see photos of what they are missing! We were on it the last day before it closed for refurbishment-but I don't recall if I took pictures. I will start digging through my 300+ photos from my last trip!

Arrrr! No flash photography matey. Now walk the plank. pirate: :teeth:

But keep the pictures coming! :thumbsup2

I just found some pictures I took inside PoC from our 2001 trip. Tonight I'll ask my DH to put them up on the internet, then I'll post them here. They're on the dark side, but you can still see the scenes pirate:

PoC is my ALL-TIME favorite attraction at Disney World and it'll still be closed on our next trip. I just hope they don't change more than they have to, when they add in the new characters. I'll get to see the "new" PoC after our Disney cruise in August. :sail:

PetLoopers said:

I was excited when I saw this thread and then I was bummed because I realized I haven't TAKEN any pictures of the inside because of the "no flash photography" thing. But I'll be more than happy to look at everyone else's pictures!!!!!

Can you say NightVision at DL

No flash No Lcd No bothering anyone else on the ride I will try to find my Vid of the ride and pull some stills of it.

Do you want DL or WDW I will try for request
DSC00045.jpg

PetLoopers said:

not pictures on the dark rides. I never take any pics, after 30 some visits, we abide by the rules but there is alway some butt head, flashing away.

pepe of ohio said:
not pictures on the dark rides. I never take any pics, after 30 some visits, we abide by the rules but there is alway some butt head, flashing away.

I agree as well as flash can also hit one of the timing sensors at stop th ride .

I use nothing but Night Vision with the LCD closed the only thing that could bother some one is a very small red led on the front of my CAmcord.

Now I have gone off and videod the roof of a ride before but thats the breaks.
With that I will leave you all tonight with this

DSC00006.jpg

My DSIL joined us last December on her very first trip...this was only the second time that she had been on this ride..I sat out with my sleeping DD and she evidently didn't hear the "no flash" warning..my DS said that he kept telling her to stop taking pictures with the flash but she didn't believe him..she did get some awesome shots though!!!!!! I'm just glad that I wasn't with her on the ride!!!!!! :rolleyes2 :sad2:

WDWDecember20043126.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter