Pirates of the Caribbean or Jungle Cruise FP+?

Which one to FP+?

• Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Jungle Cruise

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
We have one day at MK and our "must dos" for our kids are 7DMT, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear. We are rope dropping Space Mountain followed by Buzz, and I had booked FP+ for the 7DMT, Splash, and Pirates. But looking at wait times I am second guessing and wondering if I should switch Pirates to Jungle Cruise. It is doubtful I wold be able to get a 4th "bonus" FP+ at either since the earliest we could get 7DMT was 3pm. What would you do in my shoes?

I am also interested to see if you think it would be worthwhile to head over from Tomorrowland after rope dropping Space and Buzz straight to Adventureland, or if that is too much criss-crossing the park and I should just head to Fantasyland after Space.

Thanks everyone for weighing in! Normally we do longer trips so this is not an issue, but we only have one day before our Disney Cruise this time, so I am stressing out about touring plans for the first time...

No brainer, Pirates. BTW, your first 5 rides duplicate ours nearly every time we RD MK, we get to People Mover between Buzz and the FP rides..

Bill From PA

Without a doubt, you'll want to FP+ Jungle Cruise. It builds a line fairly quick and it usually stays longer. Pirates line will ebb and flow. It can spike pretty high, but then it'll drop down and is often pretty close to a walk on.

By the way, neither one is hard at all to get as a 4th, 5th, etc... FP+ so you really should be able to get both anyway.

As for criss-crossing the park, while we don't intentionally do it, we're also not the types to say that we have to stay in Adventureland and ride everything there, then move to another land. We would rather go on what we want, when we want. So for me, it wouldn't be an issue.

I never get a fastpass for the Jungle Cruise until well into the evening because I only like it after dark. I've never had an issue getting one.
I agree with this. Get Pirates FP then get 4th FP for Jungle Cruise or whenever it will be dark. We like Jungle Cruise at night. Last time we were there we did not have any trouble getting FP for it after our first 3.

I echo the above statement of get a Jungle Cruise one because you can get Pirates FP through Pirates Adventures. My best friend and I (23 and 25) had a blast doing the adventures and the FP was just a bonus to us as we RD Pirates. I think it would be fun for your kids and then you don't have to worry about a 4th for either Jungle or Pirates and can get one for all 4 :)

FP Jungle Cruise. It is a an outside Queue and HOT! It always seems to have a long line. At least PoC is inside.

This is what decided it for me. I completely forgot to factor in the heat! Switched to Jungle Cruise just now.

With Pirates you can do the Pirates Adventure and earn a FP, no need to waste a FP on that. You go to the Pirates Adventure place right between Adventureland and Frontierland. They give you maps. You complete 2 adventures and they give you fastpasses!

Wow, never heard of this. This really makes me feel better that we will be able to ride even if we can't get a 4th FP+ Thank you!!!

Other than “ the back..side” of water which still makes me laugh, I prefer Pirates.
I like it so much that we often joke in our own pool waterfall and take pix of visitors doing their “backside of water” pose..
And my hidden mickey is a fav!! ( the mosaics...seahorse bubbles)

I chose Pirates because I prefer the ride to Jungle Cruise, but as others have mentioned, either of them should be easy to get a FP+ for on the fly. I've also heard Jungle Cruise is more fun at night, so that's something to consider if you're going to be in MK after dark.

i have never waited more than 20 minutes for POC even during fairly high crowd days. We never need a fast pass for it. Jungle cruise on the other hand has a painfully long line, and we wouldn't ride it without a fastpass.

In my experience Jungle Cruise has always had a much longer line than Pirates so I would fast pass Jungle Cruise.

Jungle Cruise. And just to give you some encouragement, we only had one MK day in Oct last year before our cruise and we were able to ride SDMT, Space, Buzz, Tmrwland Speedway, Pooh, Peter Pan, Mermaid, BTMR Pirates and Small World. We did not have a FP for Pirates and walked on with a minimal wait around 10:30. We had 3 FPs (PP, SDMT and BTMR) and a week before our trip, I started watching ride wait times on MDE to figure out my best plan. We also rope dropped. Good luck!

Last edited:
Jungle Cruise for sure! Its a slow load, a long wait outside in the heat, and the line just never seems short. If Jungle Cruise is a ride you must do while at MK, I'd say please do it with a FP. But I wouldn't book Jungle Cruise as one of my first three...you can easily get one for the afternoon as your 4th, 5th, or maybe even 6th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter