Pirates of the Caribbean night

walkerboy

Earning My Ears
I am going on my first Disney cruise over easter week. We are going on the Wonder 3 day cruise. Can anyone please tell me if many people dress up for the Pirates of the Caribbean Party? I heard that they do and I think it would be a blast for us to dress up :rotfl2:

Any input would be great!!!

We were on the 3-day Wonder 3/2 and it seemed more children were dressed than adults. Everyone gets a bandana and most adults wore them. My dd7 dressed up and started to shed her outfit as dinner progressed! (She had clothes on underneath.) It was funny because we were in Animator's Palate that night, so when the walls would change, off would go her hat or eye patch! :rotfl:

We've been on both the Magic (10-night Christmas and 1st repo) and the Wonder. Both times on the Magic, there were tons of adults and kids who dressed up. Great outfits, too!

On the Wonder recently, it was mostly kids. And no one dressed up for dinner. The bandanas were given out at dinner and most adults seemed to wear them......but we only saw kids in outfits for the deck party (and CM's). On the Magic, most everyone wore their outfits to dinner and kept them on all night through the deck party.

Dressing up made it great fun! Glow neckaces, bracelets, earrings.....the more the better! pirate:

We were on a 4-night in February and there were only a handful of adults that dressed up. But, we got TONS of comments on our costumes from both passengers and CMs. We had a blast with it, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely Dress up... I think I was the only adult who did last week, but I didn't care. I got a lot of attention from Cast Members and other Guests (especially my wife :banana: ) Plus, you'll probably never see these folks again so enjoy yourself.

PS, most the adults kept their free bandana on(that they recieved at dinner) the rest of the night... I think many didn't know that you could dress up, or they would have.

We cruised last week. Guess who is wearing my pirate bandana this week????
My DOG!! She always wears a bandana so when I was unpacking, it just seemed natural to put it on her. Now she's a pirate. Seems only fair since she wasn't allowed to cruise and go to the party!

We have had the sa eexperiences, on the Wonder not many dress up, but on the magic a huge amount do dress up. I think most who dont dress up, dont know about it. We wouldnt of known about it if we hadnt been using this board. Many people dont even know this board exists. they just book and cruise.
Our first time we were on the Wonder so we did dress up and we were the ONLY people in the dining room who dressed. We got some weird looks, but it was fun. Later as we strolled the halls we got lots of nice compliments. At the party we loved it, dressing up just made it much more fun for us. I did hear some people saying Next time I am dressing up too!!! They just didnt know they could do it.
In the Magic about 2/3rds of our dining room people were dressed as pirates, including the waiters which was great. we got lots of compliments as we walked around that evening. 4 of our group of 6 dressed up, next time th eothers want to dress up to.
so i say GO FOR IT!!!! dont worry how many are dressed up, just do what you feel comfortable with and enjoy!!mom x4,grandma x4

We had so much fun planning our pirate outfits, shopping and putting them all together. It really helped to bring our family focused on the cruise and built up more excitement. The actual day of pirate night we were all really excited and put our outfits on around 4 in the afternoon! We stayed for the whole shebang thru dinner at the early seating, up on deck and thru the show and movie - what a great nite! I think you'll find that it's really much more fun when planned ahead! Don't forget the light sticks (pirate night) and the bubbles (for castoff party!) pirate:

mdoodle said:
We cruised last week. Guess who is wearing my pirate bandana this week????
My DOG!! She always wears a bandana so when I was unpacking, it just seemed natural to put it on her. Now she's a pirate. Seems only fair since she wasn't allowed to cruise and go to the party!

Cash didn't mind wearing his on the May repo cruise last year, but only kept it on during dinner...by the time we posed for the Dis-group picture he was done with it and can only be seen there wearing his leer...
:dog2:

There was only a handful that dressed on our July 2005 4 day Wonder cruise. However, I cannot begin to tell you how many people told us (we dressed up) that if they'd known, they would have loved to dress up. Disney really needs to put in the cruise info something like:

Bring your pirate clothes and be a part of the festivities of Pirate's Night!

I ordered DH, DD12, DS9 and my costumes monday. I can't wait to dress up for Pirate night. pirate:

I, too, think a lot more would dress up if DCL advertised it. The only reason I know that I can is by coming here to the DIS boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter