Pirates of the Caribbean Mermaids

jgh

Peter Pan!
I do know that the overnight refurb was supposed to be last night to put in the mermaids (I'm guessing...was that ever confirmed about the mermaids?).

I know the park opens in 30 minutes...but if anyone rides or goes by, can you just let me know if it's open/finished?

I've been worried the refurb would run longer than expected and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't see my pirates tomorrow!!

We leave tonight and hope to see those mermaids bright and early, 7 am tomorrow! pirate:

I do know that the overnight refurb was supposed to be last night to put in the mermaids (I'm guessing...was that ever confirmed about the mermaids?).

I know the park opens in 30 minutes...but if anyone rides or goes by, can you just let me know if it's open/finished?

I've been worried the refurb would run longer than expected and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't see my pirates tomorrow!!

We leave tonight and hope to see those mermaids bright and early, 7 am tomorrow! pirate:

i thought it was to make modifications to the queue.

Well I'll be there tomorrow morning (woot!) so if no one else knows/has been today I'll let everyone know tomorrow! :)

I'm confused on the mermaid speculation. Why would Disney World add an attraction where mermaids are bad? Wouldn't that conflict with the image of Ariel or the Peter Pan ride?

I'm confused on the mermaid speculation. Why would Disney World add an attraction where mermaids are bad? Wouldn't that conflict with the image of Ariel or the Peter Pan ride?

Actually, the mermaids in Peter Pan are bad, too. They do try to drown Wendy!

At least the parents survived! ;)

Just what I was thinking.

Also, the Disney Parks Blog (along with the initial announcement of the mermaids) stated that all changes would be made overnight and the rehab was unrelated. I don't know what the rehab was for though.

As of now, there's nothing new, apparently.

I rode it today and didn't see anything new. I have heard mermaids and that the closure on Oct. 9 was supposed to install it. I'd guess that they haven't "turned it on" so to speak. Perhaps they are making adjustments before they have it go "live".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter