Pirates of the Caribbean(FOG EFFECT)

wHICH IS BETTER FOR THE fog effect?

• Davy Jones(the way it is) Say but dead men do tale tells

• Barbossa saying"Best believing in ghost stories, Your in one"and changing to skeleton.

Results are only viewable after voting.

minniemouse101

Earning My Ears
Now that I have done 2 polls. One comparing Barossa to Davy Jones and one of the popularity of Jones, I will give the FINAL poll that my entire thoughts were leading to.

In the attraction Pirates of the Caribbean, Do you believe in the fog effect in the cave, it would have been better to have Barbossa saying"You best believing in Ghost stories, you are in one", than what they have it which is Jones saying"Dead men DO tell tales"

Here's the thing ... I don't think we're actually in a ghost story when we're on POTC. However, I say that w/o riding the revised ride. I've seen the "Johnny Depp rides POTC" video snippet and it seems v. much like the same ride w/a few added Johnny's and a Barbossa and the new fog effect. Doesn't feel ghost story to me.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disagree. The cave section was done in replica form in the first movie. Jones was not in the cave in the first movie nor a part of that Mysterious Island, therefore Barbossa is better themed for it.

Hey -- wouldn't it be even better if it were Barbossa saying what Davey Jones says!?!??! It'd make more sense, too!

The cave on the ride is different from the Isle de la Muerta of the first movie. The cave in the ride is supposed to be the present day, where we see the remains of the pirates and their ships before we go down the waterfall and back in time. So I think it makes more sense to have Davey Jones saying what he's saying, because these skeletons are going to bring us back in time to tell their tales.

I must say, minniemouse101, you seem to have a serious pirate grudge. I have read a few of your posts and can't halp but wonder if you had some type of traumatic pirate experience? I believe the Davy Jones fog effect is great, although Barbossa would have been good too. However, Jones is the creepier villian in my opinion, and I believe the effect is great pirate:

Where is the parrot that used to be at the entrance to the ride?

I know its :offtopic: but I really must know.

Lanshark said:
Where is the parrot that used to be at the entrance to the ride?

I know its :offtopic: but I really must know.

I miss the parrot, too. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter