Pirates of the Caribbean closed beginning 3/14

I noticed this too! It's been closed so many times we've gone!

March 13th is our only day to ride it, and I'm guessing the lines will be INSANE since it's the last day. Think it would be a good rope drop choice?

I will probably cry if it isn't open by the time we go in July. It is one of my favorite rides (POTC, BTMRR and Star Tours are my top 3, the order depends on the day). Pirates at WDW is so inferior that I only went on it once, and I was so looking forward to going on the real one this summer. Here's hoping!

**Rumor alert** I think the closure is for the (rumored) removal of the two trees in the 'courtyard' area outside the entrance. They'll have to remove some concrete and cut up the trees & trunks below grade to 'easily removable' pieces to cart away although this will probably be done at night because of the chainsaw noise. Then if they're going to plant new trees they'll have to dig out or cut back the roots, bring in and plant new trees, give some time for them to 'acclimate', and then re-concrete or 'hardscape' the courtyard. If no new trees it'll be trunks & roots cut below 'grade', add fill dirt & grade, allow for settling, then the concreting or hardscaping. And hopefully some kind of shade structures.

If this is the reason, I don't think it's going to be a short closure.

Last edited:

This is so disappointing! It is everyone in my family's favorite ride. We're going in early May but it doesn't sound like it will be running by then.

Is the early summer timeline official? I've been looking for confirmation everywhere. The only place I've seen it is on Undercover Tourist. I haven't found it anywhere else, but I might have missed it. I'm holding out hope for an earlier reopening, but I'm probably just in the denial phase.

Is the early summer timeline official? I've been looking for confirmation everywhere. The only place I've seen it is on Undercover Tourist. I haven't found it anywhere else, but I might have missed it. I'm holding out hope for an earlier reopening, but I'm probably just in the denial phase.
It's on the website - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/pirates-of-the-caribbean/

Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed for refurbishment beginning March 14, 2022 and is expected to reopen early summer 2022. Please check back here for updates.

Oh no that’s sucks. That’s is the day we get there. That is a lot of riders that will be displaced on to other things :(

Not going to lie, this is bumming me out quite a bit since we are going right at the end of March. We have not been to DL since 2012 and my youngest has never been and they were looking forward to comparing this to POC in WDW. However, we are still going to DL, so there is plenty to be excited about.

Someone from my DL FB group called, and a CM told her July 1st is when they hope to reopen. :( We are going in June, so sad. It's one of our top 3 rides. We are trying to decide if we wnat to postpone our trip or not since BB is also our fav restaurant (and not sure if it will stay open or not).

Well, just read a post in my Disneyland FB saying they called Disney, and they said Pirates will be closed until July 1st. Haven't confirmed this myself, but that's word on the street :(

Dang it! We're coming in mid-June for our first DL trip after many WDW trips. I was looking forward comparing DL Pirates to what I'm used to. ToonTown will also be closed, so no Roger Rabbit either.

Only on this date? We were hoping to go in June..
Right now, it's apparently closed April 21st and 22nd - but, at the moment, that's as far as the ADR calendar goes (60 days). (Those two days are marked as "no times available" and/or "refurbishment", depending on where you look.) They haven't announced anything yet - so we'll have to wait and see.

Right now, it's apparently closed April 21st and 22nd - but, at the moment, that's as far as the ADR calendar goes (60 days). (Those two days are marked as "no times available" and/or "refurbishment", depending on where you look.) They haven't announced anything yet - so we'll have to wait and see.

FYI all, I chatted with a CM, because I wanted to be sure. She mentioned BB is going to be closed they estimate until the "Middle of May" and that POTC is slated to open back up 7/1. Just wanted to forward the info to you all since I chatted with a CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter