Pirates league

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We are going to WDW in early October 2013...How hot is it then? I'm planning on doing the pirates league for my kids. We'll be doing it for girls and boys. What time of day would you recommend? Is there a lot of face paint involved? Should we do it later in the day? Also my little guy will still be two when we go so he won't need a park ticket but can he still do pirates league? He would love dressing up as Hook!

We are going to WDW in early October 2013...How hot is it then? I'm planning on doing the pirates league for my kids. We'll be doing it for girls and boys. What time of day would you recommend? Is there a lot of face paint involved? Should we do it later in the day? Also my little guy will still be two when we go so he won't need a park ticket but can he still do pirates league? He would love dressing up as Hook!

Weather will most likely be in the 80's during the day and 60's/70's at night from our experience. If you are going to pay for the pirate league, I would suggest doing it earlier int he day so they have more time to enjoy it. From what we had, the make up is around the eyes and maybe a scar or two on the face, not too much.

Not positive if they have outfits that will fit 2 year olds. From the information on the website, it is for "all ages" and I didn't see any age restrictions. You may want to call and see what options they have for younger kids.
407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529)

Unless something has changed, it' s 3 and up. There is one face (boney pirate?) that is a full face of white make- up. In September, I told my boys they could choose anything but that one. Just be sure to bring a good make- up remover. The black eyeliner is especially hard to get off.;)

My son got the undead pirate ( full skeleton face) in September and even with the heat the make stayed on and came off pretty easy. I did use my end make removal sheets with his eyes but it came off really easy.

Weather is perfect IMO! Sometimes can be a bit warm, but hey..its FL :rotfl2: I highly suggest Pirates League :thumbsup2 We took DS3 in October and he loved it! I believe my son got the "black-eyed" Pirate(I think that is the name) It was not much makeup...Eyeliner, blackeye, scruffy beard and a cut/scar. So Cute! It takes approx. 45min. for makeup and then you go into the "secret" pirate room for a picture! Honestly, it is the cutest picture I have of my son from that trip! He didn't want to smile but it sure fit the whole "bad pirate" image :lmao: His appt was at 10:45am and in March we made it for 10:00 since my nephew will be joining him this time. The Mermaid package is adorable too!!! Lastly, I am pretty sure its for ages 3yrs+. I remember reading somewhere that it was something to do with the makeup they apply..not that its harmful, but its not suggested for anyone under 3. BUT their is no reason why you couldn't dress the little one up youself and take him with you.

Do not forget your camera or video camera! Its definitely a memory to capture ::yes:: Enjoy :goodvibes

Definitely not allowed for 2 year olds, and while you can take your own photos during the transformation, you are not allowed to take any photos in the secret room (where they take the official photos after the makeover). DD got the mermaid package and DS got the Jake package on Oct. 29, 2012. We had appointments at 9:50am. We did it early so we could hop over to DHS to get pics with Jake. We hopped back to MK to do the Pirate parade, and we were also pixie dusted by a CM who let us into the FLE preview to meet Ariel and see the new stuff. It was unusually cold while we were there, so we had no trouble with the makeup staying put. The Jake package uses very little makeup, and the mermaid package uses real eye shadow, not paint-type makeup, so you have to be a bit more careful not to ruin the scale effect. I highly recommend PL. Here are their official pics (they were out of the flower color-changing clip for DD, so she was given Mickey head bobby pins instead)...

Photo0258FourBySix_zps7c4d98d6.jpg

Photo0262FourBySix_zpsd97becf1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter