• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates League

2disneyboys

DIS Veteran
so we are going to be in disney in just a few weeks (yeah! :banana:) but as we are going the week between Christmas & New Years, we know its gonna be c.r.a.z.y!!, but we are OK with it... 1st thing we are packing is our patience~ anyway, OT!....

So we know that MK is going to close to capacity on 12/31 (it's pratically a given) and we are planning on spend most if not all the day in MK (I know worst park to pick for the day.. but... oh well) anyway, we plan to get there @ Rope Drop and knock out what we can by 10/11am... have an early lunch,and we have reservations @ 2pm for our 4 kids (my 2 and my niece & nephew that will be there) to do the pirates league. we are hoping that this will be a good way to escape the crowds for an hour or so...

Anyone who has done pirates league... what did you think about it ? do you have any tips/suggestions for ways to enhance the experience? do you think this will work as a way to have a temp. break from the crowds? my boys are so excited.

My kids did it on the last visitand love it. ( daughter 11 and son 8)
It was a fun way to spend some time off (and money) but the adventure after was fun too.

My DD8 and DH (yes, that's right, my 32 year old DH got made up at our DD's request) had a blast at Pirate's League last month! With 4 of them at the same time your party will take up about half the chairs (it is not that big of a place). It can get crowded in there. I don't know how many adults you have but some of them might want to go outside or get a drink and relax on a bench if they can find one while a few of the adults stay and take video, pictures, etc. The photo opp was really good, so budget a little extra in case your picture turns out as well as ours did! :thumbsup2

I'm doing pirate's league with DS4 and his cousin (3)!! So excited!! I heard that costumes there are expensive, but you can bring your own. I bought one for DS in a Halloween store after Halloween was over for half price and another costume for $1 for his cousin at little tikes online (shipping made it $8-9)! Alternatively, You could make your own or just get themed t-shirts. Pirate's league provides a lot of the accesories, I didn't notice hooks, but found some at the dollar store. Hope you have a blast!! Don't forget to check time for the pirate's parade!! (photo-op!)

My boys both loved the Pirates league! We had a great experience! I would just recommend bringing some eye makeup remover as the black is extremely hard to get off their eyes. You will have a blast!!pirate:

thanks for the eye makeup remover tip.. I had not even though about that!

another question... do the pictures taken there get added to your photopass card or do you have to purcase them sep like you do @ BBB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter