Pirates League - Mermaid Makeover?

I am already scheduled for two pirate packages....wonder if I won't get one of them switched to a mermaid package! Thanks for the updates!

Sorry to bump this thread back up, but I have a question. It says that the kids get to participate in the parade when you do this.. did anyone's kid here do it? Do we have a way of finding out when that parade will be? I have my kids reserved to do the pirate for my son and the mermaid for my daughter on the 10th of December.... and THOUGHT I would want to do this on our CRT day.. what do you guys think? I'm torn between how cool it looks, but also not particularly "princessy." Know what I mean?

Sorry to bump this thread back up, but I have a question. It says that the kids get to participate in the parade when you do this.. did anyone's kid here do it? Do we have a way of finding out when that parade will be? I have my kids reserved to do the pirate for my son and the mermaid for my daughter on the 10th of December.... and THOUGHT I would want to do this on our CRT day.. what do you guys think? I'm torn between how cool it looks, but also not particularly "princessy." Know what I mean?

The parade is daily at 4:10pm. You can find it on youtube to see what it is like. As long as the appointments are before 2:45 they should be able to make the parade.

Oh okay! Thank you!!! Our reservations were for 3pm, but I was thinking about changing them anyway! :)

Your description of it not lasting is actually why I'm hesitant to have them do it again. Last trip was in October and it was unusually cool. This time we will be going in August, so I'm just imagining that face paint is going to be uncomfortable and "melted" a few minutes after we step outside. Hmm... I guess we will have to think about it some more.

We'll be there in Aug too and my DD just decided she really wants to do this. So we booked it today!!! 9:20am! I'm worried too about it's staying power in the heat. What's everyone's plans to help it stay put?

I'll definitely bring a small can of hair spray. Any other ideas?

I just purchased that dress for my DD! Thanks! Really hoping to make it back to WDW next Oct, otherwise it'll be a lovely spring/summer dress next year *got a size 10, she'll be 9 in July.

Thanks for the inspiration! After seeing the dress - I was inspired and my DD and I started shopping for dresses. At the end of the day, we cobbled something together from clothes we already have that we ended up liking better than the pretty dresses we saw online. She's wearing a turqouise blue tank with a purple maxi skirt. I was worried about a polyester dress in the heat (btw, JC Penney has some very pretty dresses too!)

We hope to be done in about half an hour and then go see Ariel for her 10am meet. Then, CRT at 10:20am. Then Mickey & Minnie at the Town Square Theatre followed by the Princesses (mostly to meet Rapunzel). Then a couple of rides followed by a break back at the hotel before heading back out again for dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. Should get lots of mileage out of her makeover!

We'll be there in Aug too and my DD just decided she really wants to do this. So we booked it today!!! 9:20am! I'm worried too about it's staying power in the heat. What's everyone's plans to help it stay put?

I'll definitely bring a small can of hair spray. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the inspiration! After seeing the dress - I was inspired and my DD and I started shopping for dresses. At the end of the day, we cobbled something together from clothes we already have that we ended up liking better than the pretty dresses we saw online. She's wearing a turqouise blue tank with a purple maxi skirt. I was worried about a polyester dress in the heat (btw, JC Penney has some very pretty dresses too!)

We hope to be done in about half an hour and then go see Ariel for her 10am meet. Then, CRT at 10:20am. Then Mickey & Minnie at the Town Square Theatre followed by the Princesses (mostly to meet Rapunzel). Then a couple of rides followed by a break back at the hotel before heading back out again for dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. Should get lots of mileage out of her makeover!

There is no way you will be able to do the 10am Ariel M&G. You are supposed to be at your ADR 15 minutes early. There is a good chance that you will have to go to CRT straight from PL. I would grab a FP for the Princesses and do Ariel after your meal.

There is no way you will be able to do the 10am Ariel M&G. You are supposed to be at your ADR 15 minutes early. There is a good chance that you will have to go to CRT straight from PL. I would grab a FP for the Princesses and do Ariel after your meal.

True true - I'm just dreaming. You're so right - I should just expect to head straight to CRT after the makeover. Ah well, we'll just do her meet after CRT. I know we'll likely meet Ariel at CRT - but nothing beets the official Meet with the nice background. I'm not a fan of the character dining pics with all the tables in the background. The only reason we're eating in the Castle...is to eat in THE CASTLE!

It's a hoot - I've pretty much sworn off all character dinign - we have no real interest in it...but our next trip is full of character dining - FOUR of them! All for reasons other than the characters. (Well, except for 1900 Park Fare to see the stepsisters in action)

We're doing the mermaid makeover on our CRT day - mostly because my DD wants to meet Ariel when she's done up as a mermaid. It will make CRT more special IMO....even if it's not precisely "princessy"

My DD and DS both did the pirates league last year and they absolutely loved it! It was 100% worth it! When we were there last September they said that they didnt have the mermaid package anymore. They said it was out around the release of the new pirates of the caribbean movie came out. That may have changed since then but im not sure. DS did the pirate princess though and loved it. Check out my post trip report i have a whole section about the pirates league with tons of pics!

Dont forget to make reservations :)

My DD and DS both did the pirates league last year and they absolutely loved it! It was 100% worth it! When we were there last September they said that they didnt have the mermaid package anymore. They said it was out around the release of the new pirates of the caribbean movie came out. That may have changed since then but im not sure. DS did the pirate princess though and loved it. Check out my post trip report i have a whole section about the pirates league with tons of pics!

Dont forget to make reservations :)

They introduced a new mermaid package at PL eariler this year and it is sticking around for good this time. :thumbsup2

They introduced a new mermaid package at PL eariler this year and it is sticking around for good this time. :thumbsup2

For $10 more without the free mini-pack of Pirate nailpolish.

:( I really felt the first price was more reasonable - especially since the Mermaid doesn't get the chance to go to the secret room, etc

Oh well - my DD really wants this as she's just not interested in being a pirate but feeling like Ariel - she's thrilled!

For $10 more without the free mini-pack of Pirate nailpolish.

:( I really felt the first price was more reasonable - especially since the Mermaid doesn't get the chance to go to the secret room, etc

Oh well - my DD really wants this as she's just not interested in being a pirate but feeling like Ariel - she's thrilled!

The old mermaid package came with decorative bobby pins. This new package comes with a color-changing flower clip and a color-changing necklace, so I think that is why the price went up.

If by "secret room" you mean the place where they take pictures at the end, the mermaids do get to go in there.

The mermaid package is AMAZING!! My friend's daughter (13) had the mermaid makeover and looked absolutely stunning!!! It is really a wonderful addition!

I just have to post a follow up. My DD got her makeover and she loved it. (I did kick myself later for letting it slip during the trip that it wasn't an Ariel makeover - but a Pirates makeover - she wasn't QUITE as thrilled as before she knew.)

The CMs were very sweet. It took a long time though - waited about half an hour past our ressie time even though we made it there on time. Had a 9:20am appt and were in there until 10:15am. I added a tiara from home and it ended up looking nice and worked with the flower hairclip (we were prepared to pack away the tiara if it didn't look good). One CM walking by saw my DD's Ariel doll and said that the doll had to match - so went and got a tiara sticker and a flower sticker - and stuck them on the doll!!

My DD felt so special all day long. We went to CRT after and she had the bright idea to get all the Princesses to sign her Pirates League sash (we skipped autopgraph books this trip).

Even in the August heat - the makeup stayed put ALLLLL day long, into 2am EMH! We had gone back to the room for an afternoon break and I prepped a cool bath for her and made her dip in. Not hot water because that's too humid. And she had to be super careful not to get her face wet. But she dipped for 20 secs and came up at least refreshed.

dsh94.jpg

The flower clip and necklace were very cute. I ended up feeling like it was worth it. It was just like the $15 necklace from Del Sol and changed colors instantly. This was our first experience with this type of color changing accessories (I'm used to the ones that take forever to change) so we were pretty impressed.

They only did one coat of nailpolish. By the time we went back for afternoon break, they chipped (my DD is hard on her nailpolish!). So I removed it and reapplied, this time using base coat, 2 coats of polish, and top coat. They lasted a week :)

We also got the little pkg of makeup in a small velvet bag. My DD reapplied her lip gloss a couple of times. It was just cheap makeup though - not the kind they use on their face. I think it's floating in my house somewhere as I don't allow DD to wear makeup yet.

I also almost did the DTech Me princess doll for my DD (actually had an appt!) but cancelled it after taking DD to see it and she said it wasn't worth it to her. She was contented with an Ariel doll and didn't care that much that the DTech Me would look like her. Glad I showed it to her! I made the appt as a surprise and had to maneuver to show her the display at World of Disney because I wanted to see her reaction.

I am so glad I found this post! I was wondering what the Mermaid package was because we have a ressie for DD next month and she was wondering what it looked like. We LOVE it! Your DD's are adorable!!!! TFS those of you who posted pictures!!!!!

My DD had the mermaid makeover and I do want to mention that it looks MUCH better in person than in any photograph. The inperson effect is gorgeous--is very princess-y and dewy. It doesn't look heavy or like a mask as it does in some images.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter