Pirate's League, is it worth it?

SweetieinVT

Mouseketeer
I just made our ADRs for our April trip to WDW, now I'm starting to think about whether there are any specific activities that I need to look at making reservations/plans for. I have a 9YODD, 7YODS, 4YODS, 3YODD. Can anyone tell me about their experience and tell me how long it took and whether your kids enjoyed it? What exactly do they do other than dress them up and put on some makeup/face paint?

I just made our ADRs for our April trip to WDW, now I'm starting to think about whether there are any specific activities that I need to look at making reservations/plans for. I have a 9YODD, 7YODS, 4YODS, 3YODD. Can anyone tell me about their experience and tell me how long it took and whether your kids enjoyed it? What exactly do they do other than dress them up and put on some makeup/face paint?

Our girls did it last year and loved it. They basically go in and get their makeovers. They get pirate names and do the pirate pledge. Clothes are available but sold separately. After they are made up, they get to go to the "secret room" and get their pictures taken. We really liked the pictures. They can also go back later and participate in the pirate parade (my girls didn't though). I think we were in there for about an hour with both of them. It was fun, and they enjoyed their experience! :goodvibes

My boys have done it twice. This last time they were 7 and 10. The time before that maybe 6 and 8 or 9. They definitely liked it more the first time, I think because it was an all new experience. The first time we went back and participated in Captain Jack's parade and such later in the day and it was fun. All in all I think it's an awesome experience to try once and they get quite a few little souvies for the included price - sword, pirate booty in a bag, eye patch, etc.
If you do it, make sure to take make up remover with you to get it all off and if it will be warm during your trip be prepared for a potential sweaty mess. lol.
The first time we did it was cool out, the second time was in May and it was hot! We had black make up on our clothes, etc from my son's sweaty face. :)

My 4 year-old son loved it. I got him a Pirate Mickey shirt on etsy before we left so I didn't buy him any clothes there. He didn't think much about his pirate name, but he enjoyed spinning the wheel. He's got some sensory challenges and gets overwhelmed sometimes so he was wearing his noise cancelling headphones and the lady was really great about working around them.

He'd had his face painted previously so I wasn't worried about that part. He did the oath his way at the end (quietly), but she did get a pretty good "AAAARRRRGGGHHH" out of him. Then they announce there's a new pirate to the whole room and everyone cheers like pirates.

Once we went into the secret treasure room it was quiet and he was willing to remove the headphones for the photos. I had memory maker so the photos were put onto my account.

I got him the Blackbeard look and I loved it on him. He got the sash, sword, bandana, medal, eye patch and earring (it's an earring on a string that goes around the head). I had read that baby wipes (which I carry most of the time since he's really young) work well on the makeup and in our case I found that to be true. He was happy. What I'd do different was we had a dinner ADR at Crystal Palace for later that day. And it was May so it was warm. I'd either not have a character dinner ADR on the same day or remove the makeup first.

My daughter had her last BBB appointment during this trip and has asked to do Pirate's League with ds on our next trip.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like fun. I'll have to see if we can make it work with our schedule...

Last time we went all three of my kiddos did pirates league. 2 girls and a boy ages at the time were 8, 6, and 5. The girls are the oldest and both girls have done BBB and both girls said they enjoyed Pirates league the same if not better than BBB. It is worth it. All three of them are doing it again when we go in Feb.

We're doing it for our trip in a couple of weeks. My dd(7) is doing the mermaid makeover (and then we're going directly to our meet and greet with Ariel), and my son(4) is getting the Jake makeover. I hope they like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter