Pirates League for girls???Pictures???

jhpatrick1

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of doing the Pirates League for my 7 year old DD, but can't find too much info on it. She's done BBB twice. I think she would really like to be dressed up like a Pirate wench or something. Has anyone's DD experienced Pirates League? Did you buy a costume there or bring your own? Any help would be appreciated, and pictures would be awesome. THANKS!!!! We leave in 5 DAYS :-)

I was thinking of doing the Pirates League for my 7 year old DD, but can't find too much info on it. She's done BBB twice. I think she would really like to be dressed up like a Pirate wench or something. Has anyone's DD experienced Pirates League? Did you buy a costume there or bring your own? Any help would be appreciated, and pictures would be awesome. THANKS!!!! We leave in 5 DAYS :-)

My daughter (5) did this in August. She LOVED it! She said she loved it better than the BBB! We did bring our own pirate costume. If fact, my daughter is standing here right now and said "OH! Tell her she will love it!" :rotfl: I hope that helps!

From a parent view: It was cool. The kids get a map and a special medallion to figure out a secret code etc. My daughter got her make up done and got a pink eye patch etc. :thumbsup2

My DD 12 and DS 6 did it in August and loved it! We didn't do costumes - made sure they were wearing some plain looking clothing that day and just did the face makeover. They looked fantastic! My DD was thrilled that she was given the makeup used on her. Her bandana, jewels, etc. were neat. The whole set-up and story behind the experience makes this a lot of fun for the whole family to experience! Have a great time!!

We went a couple weeks ago and LOVED it! My girls are 6 and 7. I bought them shirts from Etsy.com with pirate minnie mouse head and their names embroidered on them. I also found adorable skirts with really cute pink skulls and hearts. She also sold black and white striped leg warmer things that my girls chose to wear on their arms. I don't know how to post pictures here but could email them or something. They are much cuter than I can describe. And they were comfortable and can be worn again as an outfit and not just a costume. i can also try to look up the Esty sellers if you are interested. They did my stuff really quick.

Oh this looks so cool! Maybe we will do this next year for DD, she's only 2. Until then, Mommy has to be her "pirate artist" Hehe.

You really want your daughter to represent a prostitute? That's basically what a 'wench' was back then, you know. Of course Disney does not promote this, just a bit shocked a parent would consider this a choice for a 7 year old girl...

You really want your daughter to represent a prostitute? That's basically what a 'wench' was back then, you know. Of course Disney does not promote this, just a bit shocked a parent would consider this a choice for a 7 year old girl...
thats has got to be one of the dumbest thing i have ever heard. A little girl gets dressed up like a pirate and you twist it to the parents want her to be a prostitute. Some people will say whatever they want and think its ok shame on you

OMG. How could you say that to someone??? Totally uncalled for, and in my opinion more than a little rude to suggest that.

There are just no words.........

You have got to be the most disgusting person Schmek. Are you for real or just psychotic????? It is sad that your sick mind went in that direction. Please keep your condesending comments to yourself. And by the way, that is a costume that Disney sells at the Pirate League store, so apparently disney DOES support female pirates.

Thanks for other posters for your support :cheer2:

Wellllll.....

being a "pirate" was a hangable offense, yet we still like to dress up that way, and romanticize it.

being a "witch" was also a hangable offense, yet here we are, dressing up our little girls like that, and having fun with it.

can't say being a "zombie" is something we truly want our children to model in life, yet don't we like to dress them up like something from Thriller?

Take it in context, Schmeck. Stop being such a schmuck.

Just protesting the word 'wench' - girl pirate is fine, but wench was/is a derogatory term, much like other words - like ho, etc, I found the term being used by a dad to describe his daughter to be even more disturbing.

My DD5 just did this at the beginning of the month and she loved it. She calls herself a pirate princess. We did the full package - makeup, hair, costume, etc. I think she actually liked this better than BBB. I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight.

Just protesting the word 'wench' - girl pirate is fine, but wench was/is a derogatory term, much like other words - like ho, etc, I found the term being used by a dad to describe his daughter to be even more disturbing.

Honestly, get real. The original definition for the word "wench", according to every dictionary I looked at used the term as "country lass" or "servant girl" as the primary definition.

Wench has more than one defintion, and while I know historically some people equate the word wench with prostitute, that is not technically correct.

wench –noun
1. a country lass or working girl: The milkmaid was a healthy wench.

2. Usually Facetious. a girl or young woman.

And fwiw, I've seen 7 yo girls dressed as Hannah Montana that looked more like prostitutes than some of the girls dressed in really cute pirate costumes.

Seriously!! This is beyond comprehension.

Do you have the same attitude with the other Disney female characters? Snow White lived with seven men and Jasmine costume is rather riskee.

Honestly, get real. The original definition for the word "wench", according to every dictionary I looked at used the term as "country lass" or "servant girl" as the primary definition.

You are exactly right. I have seen this from the same poster before. Always reading something nasty into the most innocent things. Mabye if we just ignore it????

Back to the topic at hand, We are doing pirates league for my DD6 when we go in Nov. I made my own "pirate wench" costume for her which she will proudly wear. She will also be getting the (cover your ears schmeck) makeup, "and having a marvelous time!" to quote Julie Andrews from The Sound of Music. Anyone else remember that scene???

Thanks for all the positive responses. I am really excited about the Pirates League experience. Sounds really cool. I'm sure DD and DS will have a blast. Thanks again. Any pictures?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter