Pirates DVD - 3 Disk edition

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
I *really* hate it when they do this:
A new three-disc set of the mega-hit Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. What new will be on these reissues? Details have yet to be announced, but stay tuned...

Sarangel

Just bend over.

Oh ... if NO ONE BOUGHT IT maybe the corporate pinheads would get the idea that we're tired of getting shafted with their double dipping.

Here's some info, courtesy of The Digital Bits
pirates3discdvd.jpg

Looks like the disc is just a "bonus" disc they're tacking on to packages of the original 2 disc set. I don't know what's on it yet, but I would almost BET that it's just DVD-Video versions of the quick time movies on the DVD Rom portion of the second disc.

..If you look closely on the image of the actual "Lost Disc" it says 8hrs of never before seen footage. I have the original 2-disc set and I don't believe there is 8 hrs of extras on the second disc.

I'm all for more of the movie, hopefully it's the director's "Final cut" scraps that hit the floor. However if it is 8hrs of drop off footage that was meant to be at one time in the movie, it's no wonder that ticket prices are so high and the actors want/need to be paid so much. That’s seems like a lot of wasted time and effort to be cut if thats the case. I get the feeling it might be more of what so and so said concerning this and that about whatever Bla Bla Bla somebody saw or heard. Not that that’s bad I guess, it just sounds like more of the same old boring stuff if it turns out to be that. Disney has missed the mark on more then a few of their movies lately. Lets hope that this is not a cheap way of making a few extra bucks back.......

I'm going to buy it just for the caterer's commentary: "And on the morning of the sword fight, Johnny and Orlando had pancakes for breakfast."

Originally posted by wtg2000
I'm going to buy it just for the caterer's commentary: "And on the morning of the sword fight, Johnny and Orlando had pancakes for breakfast."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAA

I serriously think I've just pulled a hammy laughing at that one.

Can't imagine what more they could squeeze out of this to make a third disk, but seeing as I'm such a saddo that I put my family through the ride 7-times in a row I expect I'll get it even if it is just more of the same!pirate:

I don't know what the difference would be, but rather than saying "8 hours of additional footage " it looks like the disk says "Includes 8 never before seen features ."

Now, I don't know anything about DVDs (I don't even own a DVD player), but I just thought I'd point that out in case it changes anyone's mind about buying the disk.

Been there so many times my folks are bored to tears! But going again in March for many many re-rides! Just can't get enough of it!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter