pirates dinner adventure

caranate

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gone to pirates dinner adventure?
My son really want to go but I dont know.

It has been a really long time since my last visit - probably 5 or 6 years, but the two things that stick in my mind the most were the horrible stench inside the show/dining area and the really gross food. The show was basically forgettable (except for the really hot pirate with amazing abs) and although the set is gorgeous it can obscure much of the action. I personally wouldn't go back, however, if you have a kid who is really into pirates and you can get super cheap (seriously, cheap, in the $10/person range) then it could possibly be worth visiting.

I've never been but if Pammy is right, I'd skip that an plan the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise instead.

It has been a really long time since my last visit - probably 5 or 6 years, but the two things that stick in my mind the most were the horrible stench inside the show/dining area and the really gross food.

One would think that, given the cruelly competitive market for tourist dollars in Orlando, something as bad as you described would have been out of business long ago. Yet it's still around and doing well.

We've been to it several times. It's set up in a sectional format where each section of the audience has their own color Pirate to root for. They also have audience participation using both adults and children. The food is pretty standard fare for dinner theatres. If you've ever been to Medieval Times, Arabian Nights or similar shows they bring you out different courses and drinks. They only complaint I have on PA is that they will only give you 2 glasses of beer per show, though the waiter or waitress will make an "exception" for you when it's getting close to time for figuring out how much of a tip you're going to leave.

If your kids are into Pirates they will have a great time. Just don't go overboard on all of the extra souvenirs and photos they try to sell you and you'll have a nice evening.

Hi I am from Australia and we are planning our WDW, Disney Cruise DREAM, Florida, Miami and New York holiday for December 2011 - January 2012

My son also want's to do this Dinner Show, he will be 4 years old at the time of travel. Is this ok for smaller kids??

DANO1182 - when did you go and what was terrible exactly??

I don't want to waste money but it's also time that's important to us. We only have so many nights to do fun and exciting things and if this show is no good then I would prefer to do something else.

Can anyone comment on the Medieval Times Dinner Show??

Or another Pirate type show

Thanks very much

Jen :surfweb:

I took my family there in January of this year. The smell is bad, but you somehow become accustomed to it (and I was 2 1/2 months pregnant at the time). I went ahead and dressed my kids (DD6 & DS5) in pirate clothes and brought blow up swords in attempts to thwart any souvenir buying. It worked! The food was common dinner show fare, but my boy really seemed to like it and my daughter was able to substitute chicken strips. They had "appetizers" that consisted of broccoli and carrots with ranch dressing, a cold pasta salad, and some sort of red sauce pasta salad. We were almost sucked into buying a souvenir mug with a "fun" alcoholic drink, but were able to steer the kids away from it. We did not do Disney that trip, so I didn't mind spending the money as much. However, it absolutely cannot compare to anything Disney does. Glad we went, but don't need to go again.

We went April 2009.
The food was terrible
The beer was flat and warm.2 per customer.
The waitress was rude(not acting)
The was a high school level trampoline show at best.

IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter