pirate's dinner adventure v. outta control magic show

pocohontas2004

Mouseketeer
Considering these 2 shows for our winter week in Orlando. Anyone been recently to either to comment? Kids will be 12, 10, and 7 - all boys.

Undercover tourist has good prices on the Pirate's dinner. I think ticketmania has discounts on the magic show at Wonderworks.

I've given a few moments of thought about doing SeaWorld Luau instead - but don't think the boys like that menu.

I'd like to know too! That magic show looks pretty awesome. I've got a 15 yr old and almost 5 yr old.

Another interested person who can't help! The magic show sounds like a great activity for my middle DS who's a big magic fan to do while his brothers and dad are golfing (he and I alone aren't golfers). Maybe the 6pm show while they do an evening of golf (going in the summer). Hope someone will join in who's done this!

Subscribing... I've never seen this before. We usually go to Medeival Times for a dinner show. This might be a good alternative this year. I've just looked up prices and ticketmania.com is cheaper if you get the Show/Dinner/Wonderworks combo than the wonderworks website. But if you wanted just the Dinner/Show it's cheaper through the wonderworks website.

Perfect thread for me as I have been trying to decide between these 2 as well...and 8 yo who loves magic and pirates!

I have not been to either of these shows BUT I can tell you that this spring, I stayed at a hotel whose parking lot was adjacent to the Pirates Dinner Adventure and the place looked like a dump. Keep in mind, this was only my opinion based on the condition of the outside of the venue, but it appeared to be very run-down. I would be leery of a place that can't even paint the building once in a while.

Still waiting to hear from people who have been there - but, I heard that the outside of the pirates building isn't impressive. I read a review on allears.net that gave the show and food good reviews.

Still hoping someone who has recently been to Wonderworks and Pirate's will post. But, I have learned that Pirate's show in Feb/Mar/Apr will be at 8pm. I consider that quite a late start time. There's only 1 show per day, according to their website.

As for the Outta Control show - any thoughts on whether it is worth $11 per person to "add on" the museum attraction portion or save the $$ and just stick with the comedy/magic show?

Still hoping someone who has recently been to Wonderworks and Pirate's will post. But, I have learned that Pirate's show in Feb/Mar/Apr will be at 8pm. I consider that quite a late start time. There's only 1 show per day, according to their website.

As for the Outta Control show - any thoughts on whether it is worth $11 per person to "add on" the museum attraction portion or save the $$ and just stick with the comedy/magic show?

I haven't been to the WW show but was actually planning on going the week before Christmas (we just ran out of time). There were several positive posts about it prior to that.

We have done the WW portion (on a rainy day) and enjoyed it (but only if it isn't over crowded).

ETA: Here are some links to some previous threads. There were more if you want to do a search.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=663158&referrerid=&highlight=Outta+Control

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1282366&referrerid=&highlight=Outta+Control

We've been to the Outta Control Magic Show twice.... I also have boys.... 4 of 'em....ages 11, 9, 3, & 1.

My boys love the show...and love Wonderworks....the lazer tag and all of the exhibits/activities make for a wonderful half day.

Is it worth the 11$ add on? Absolutely!!! Lazer Tag add on too!

We intend on going to this show every WDW trip.

All of us erupt in belly laughs during this show....it's a great stress reliever for the adults, too!

Trixie

ITA with FourBoysMom and have written many posts about how much we enjoyed the Magic Show. The price is great and the show is fantastic - magic is good and the comedy is even better. At one point I was laughing so hard I was crying - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point!

Our group was myself, DH, DS16, DS12, DS10 and DFIL (72) - we all loved it! I ordered tickets through the Mousesavers link to Ticketmania and I think they sent us the combo tickets by mistake. So we spent some time before and after the show in WW and the boys loved it (and they had just spent the day at DisneyQuest!). The food is average, but all you can eat pizza and popcorn and all you can drink beer, wine or soda. My boys were in heaven!

Seating is first come-first serve, so arrive early. The theater isn't much to look at, but the show is wonderful! A great value! I would definitely do it again!

We haven't done the Pirate show so can't comment on that one.

Thanks everyone. I'd forgotten about this as I was making up our itinerary. Not that there's any room left for it now, but we'll try! Thanks for the links too - I'll be sure to check them out!

Hi All,
We have been to the Pirates dinner twice, once about 8 years ago and also June of last year. The show is fantastic for children and the adults will enjoy it too. We have a 14 and 4 year old and both want to go back this year, in fact we have booked the tickets for June already.

The show is good fun and the food is ok, outside does look tired but its ok inside and was quite busy when we went.

Cheers Michael

I went to the Pirates Show last year with seven other people and we all agreed that it is the biggest rip off we have ever encountered on any trip to Orlando. Rubbish show, food, service and one refill of our flat drinks. Oh, and don't forget the large tip you are expected to give on top of the extortionate entrance fee.

personal friends went to the pirate show b/c they didn't want to take our advice and go to the much more expensive midevil times with us... well they came home very disapointed...

We went to Wonderworks a few weeks ago. A friend of ours knows a magician there and got us a half price family pack. The magic show was just ok - our friends friend was not on that night so I think it may be a different show on different nights. The kids seemed to like it, but we have seen much better magic shows. It definitely was not out of control!! The rest of the place has some neat science type hands-on activities for kids. We both felt it was very run down. The kids really did enjoy those activities, but they weren't much different then a couple of the hands on museums that we have around here and pay $6 to get in. We were commenting on how cool the outside of the building is and then the inside is a dump. We would probably never go back and would definitely never pay full price for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter