• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates and Pals: Wishes or MNSSHP fireworks

rdominy

Mouseketeer
Would you do a Pirates and Pals cruise to see the Wishes fireworks or the MNSSHP fireworks? We can see both from the part as well, since we have a late MK night and tickets to MNSSHP. If you saw them from the cruise would you bother to watch them again in the park?

Does no one have a preference to which fireworks would be better from the cruise?:confused3

Last year we did the cruise for the Halloween fireworks and the dessert party for Wishes. Loved them both--- especially not having to battle the crowds.

I like seeing Wishes in the park for the Castle show.

I would watch them both from the park and not from Pirates and Pals. We did Pirates and Pals 2 years ago and wasn't impressed.., the pirate part was OK...nothing great. The snacks were cereal bars. and packaged cookies..again not so great...you had to wait online for picture with Smee & Hook (you can do that in park) and I didn't like watching the fireworls from out on the bay. They piped in the music and all, but I think something was really lacking by not seeing the entire castle and being up close and personal as you are in the park. If you can, I think Wishes dessert party is a mcuh better way (and value) to watch MK fireworks.

The Illuminations Cruise is a different story as you are right on the water with the fireworks seeing them up close and personal. With Wishes I think a large part of the magic is seeing the castle all lit up and sharing the ooos and ahhs with the rest of the crowd, you lose that with Pirates and Pals.

Plus you get assigned seats on pirates and pals and one side of the boat is a a bit futher from watching then another...

one side of the boat is a a bit futher from watching then another

We were unlucky enough to be on the wrong side of the boat and have a family that let there kids on the better side stand on the seats and block our view. They had an unobstructed view without standing on the seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter