• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage? Worth it?

kirasmom

Mouseketeer
We have two daughters, 9 & 4, who really aren't that into pirates, but we would be doing it more for the fireworks and boat trip. What do you think? Worth it?

We've really enjoyed it the times we've gone, and only once with folks who were really into pirates (4 and 6 yr old boys). Myself, I am into pirates who look like Jack Sparrow, not so much Captain Hook... but the experience is fun and the view of the fireworks from the water is awesome - you never really think about how much the reflection adds to the show until you are sitting in the middle of it.

If you're just going for the fireworks that's kind of iffy. We just went for fun and it was fun but our view of the fireworks was less than spectacular. I had read from many posters that the boat would turn so it wouldn't matter which side you sat on. Our captain however did not turn the boat so we were on the far side and couldn't get a good view or Any good pictures. Guess it depends on the captain. Still we had fun. Something new for us.

we did it a year ago and had a blast, great view of fireworks! Despite having a blast I dont think I would spend the money to do it again, for us it was a one time experience.

We did it a few years ago, when my grandchildren were between 2-6 and we were afraid the fireworks might scare them. They loved the pirate ride with the disney questions and prizes and the music was piped out. It was magical. Everyone loved it and Peter Pan met us at the dock. It was a fun by late night.:)

My DBF and I did it in January. We are in out 20's with no kids! He's into the pirates, but me not so much. We had a blast though! The characters were awesome. They provided you with complementary fun food and drinks. We were also on the opposite side of the boat during wishes, but the view was still fantastic. It's such a small amount of people on the boat. Its nice watching wishes with no crowd! You also got to watch the electric parade. I wouldn't do it again because we have no kids, but it was worth it. We had fun and it got us out of the hustle and bustle for a few hours!

Granted my kids are HUGE Peter Pan fans, but we've taken them to WDW 7 times and the Pirates & Pals was by far our favorite thing we've done there as a family, we LOVED LOVED it!
The cruise and pirate captain are so fun. The food at the pre party was fun and great for the kids too.

If you are going to book purely for the firework aspect then no, as we didn't have a great view. But we booked it for DD's birthday as she's really into Jake and the neverland pirates, and meeting the special guest at the end was just the best for her!

We had a really nice time, but wouldn't book it again if DD isn't into Jake by then!

Claire :)

dumbolove said:
My DBF and I did it in January. We are in out 20's with no kids! He's into the pirates, but me not so much. We had a blast though! The characters were awesome. They provided you with complementary fun food and drinks. We were also on the opposite side of the boat during wishes, but the view was still fantastic. It's such a small amount of people on the boat. Its nice watching wishes with no crowd! You also got to watch the electric parade. I wouldn't do it again because we have no kids, but it was worth it. We had fun and it got us out of the hustle and bustle for a few hours!

Its not complimentary you pay for it when you book it. If the food was free, the tour would be cheaper

pl4bby said:
Its not complimentary you pay for it when you book it. If the food was free, the tour would be cheaper

That's true but when you book it so far in advance its nice to walk into! People were loading up there bags...I found that disgusting, but like you said...you paid for it.

Yes...seriously. They had like candy, pretzels and popcorn and people were just filling there bags up! There was plenty for everyone but they were doing it with-in the first 15 mins!

Seeking some clarification on specifics?

1. How many people (max) can the boat hold?

2. Is it true that Smee & Hook are seen when the boat launches? Peter Pan is seen when the boat returns?

3. Somebody mentioned Jake. Is he involved now?

4. I have a son and daughter who would enjoy this. I am thinking of doign this in April-2013 ... and doing the Illuminations one when they are both older on another trip. That's my strategy. Please feel free to comment.

Sounds like fun. I would love to avoid the crowds for Wishes ... probably my least favorite parts about the parks. So even if my view was less than optimal, I can at least avoid the crowds.

Seeking some clarification on specifics?

1. How many people (max) can the boat hold? Each seat holds about 3-4 people. I didn't count but it looked like maybe 10 rows on each side.

2. Is it true that Smee & Hook are seen when the boat launches? No. Peter Pan is seen when the boat returns? Yes

3. Somebody mentioned Jake. Is he involved now? No

I posted pics from our trip somewhere along this forum. We just went 2/11.

Sorry, ErinsMommy. I am a little confused. You answered that you don't see Hook & Smee but when I checked out your photos, I did see Hook & Smee in the photos. Was it once true that you used to see those two characters but you do not any more?

We just booked this for our August trip. As I understand it, Hook and Smee are available for pics and sigs at the gathering in the CR before the cruise and Peter Pan is on the dock for M&G when you come back in. I also read somewhere that the boat holds 60 people.

We just booked this for our August trip. As I understand it, Hook and Smee are available for pics and sigs at the gathering in the CR before the cruise and Peter Pan is on the dock for M&G when you come back in. I also read somewhere that the boat holds 60 people.

How did you book this event? I called MS today and the CM had no idea what I was talking about.:confused3

tb1972 said:
How did you book this event? I called MS today and the CM had no idea what I was talking about.:confused3

To book, call 407-WDW-PLAY. I confused the reservation people too, they kept transferring me to dining reservations, which is not how how you book it apparently!

We did it Sept 2011. One of our favorite things we've done at WDW. However, I agree with other posters, it is not the best view of fireworks. You can definitely see them better in MK. However, if you've seen Wishes once (or twice or more), then it is fun to get a different perspective.

Sorry, ErinsMommy. I am a little confused. You answered that you don't see Hook & Smee but when I checked out your photos, I did see Hook & Smee in the photos. Was it once true that you used to see those two characters but you do not any more?

Hook and Smee are in the resort where the pre-cruise food is located. They are not at the boat launch, which is what was asked and correctly answered. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter