• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates 4 becoming "Priority" for Disney

I would love to see who besides depp returns. I hope most. It has been awesome to see them all. I love the movies.

Will the next one take place off the coast of Somalia? The cognitive dissonance is getting harder to tune out. Pirates as heroes...pirates as terrorists. Shame about real life intruding on a money-making franchise...

was kind of looking forward to the Lone Ranger movie actually

although Clooney as the ranger seems a horrid choice

Please, no more pirates.

The second one was marginally watchable and the third one was horrible. It didn't even take place in the Caribbean! Reminded me of that Miami Vice season opener from long ago that took place in New York City. Besides, POTC3 was the most expensive movie in history at $300 million. I don't care how much it made, it wasn't worth a government subsidy. The films became more mundane, less funny, repetitive and boring as they went along. A POTC 4 will no doubt make money, but that doesn't meant it will be good.

Enough already. Let's move along.

I truly hope Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is a fantastical film and that it isn't rushed out.
We the fans can wait for the piratey good-ness!!!!! pirate::love::wizard:

I loved all the Pirate films, but I felt 3 was a little rushed. I don't care how long it takes to make it...I just want it to be a solid well made film.

Oh I can't wait! DS is really into Pirates now too! In the process of making his room POTC...I love it!!!:love:

I think Johnny Depp is the best actor out there and Geoffry Rush is fantastic, as well. Kiera is a great actress (and a beauty) and Orlando always has the women folk all a twitter but please, please, please people don't tell me that what you want is reguritated, unitelligible swill because you are comfortable with the characters. There is so much out there that Johnny, Geoffry, Kiera and Orlando could do beside reprising ridiculous pirate scenarios that have no basis in reality and have nothing to do with good storytelling. Tell Disney YES we love POTC but please stop. We don't need 'Pirates 24, Captain Jack meets Captain Kirk'...
pirate:

Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 - The Musical

Ay, ay!!! ;)
I have actually thought many times "the only way the Pirates of the Caribbean movies could get any better would be if it were a musical". popcorn:: Obviously that most likly would never make senses with POTC4'S plot line! :lmao: Maybe that would do well in the Disney Parks!;)

Please, no more pirates.

The second one was marginally watchable and the third one was horrible. It didn't even take place in the Caribbean! Reminded me of that Miami Vice season opener from long ago that took place in New York City. Besides, POTC3 was the most expensive movie in history at $300 million. I don't care how much it made, it wasn't worth a government subsidy. The films became more mundane, less funny, repetitive and boring as they went along. A POTC 4 will no doubt make money, but that doesn't meant it will be good.

Enough already. Let's move along.

Ironic, as I think the entire trilogy is arguably the best movie trilogy out there. I found POTC 1-3 to be perfect and lacking in only extremely minor plot/logical issues (barbossa actually a pirate lord instead of just jack's first mate)....but no more so than some of the stuff that Lucas injected to ruin the Star Wars movies.

I for one, am utterly excited about a new POTC4 movie coming out...and I hope that the 4th one is such a smash hit that demands Gore (if he's involved), Bruckheimer and Disney immediately set plans in stone for a POTC5 and POTC6.

milk it...milk it....milk it...ugh

Thank you!

I found #2 a challenge to watch...but I'm not a fan of dumb and dumber films either. I saw it in the theater when it opened and DH, my mother and I tried to watch it recently. naaaa, still thought it was a wee bit too much of an insult to intelligence.

#3 - didn't even pay for a ticket....yawn.

I know there are people who thrive on movies to escape....I do too. I just don't prefer THIS escape.

Seems to me that #4 is a desperate attempt for more $$$.

Hey, DH is a castmember and there is no problem with Disney earning more $$$ - we like those salary increases!

POTC 4: THE QUE$T TO KILL THE FRANCHI$E (although I agree that 3, and to a lesser degree 2 already did it)

Love POTC and would love to see another movie, but I would hope they would take the time to make it fabulous and not just ho hum.

Sorry, but 3 is my favorite out of all of them! I love Rush/Barbosa in them and was glad he had a big part in it.

Even though POTC is a big money maker for them, I hope they take time to get it right.

My wife and I almost prefer the 2nd one over the others. Davey Jones rocks. All are good....Barbosa is a classic character and I really enjoyed his performance in the 3rd one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter