• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Pirate, Your Reputation Precedes You!" The Stitchs Do WDW & The Dream! New 9/7!

Those crabcakes and fried green tomatoes look really good! Too many restaurants to try at Disney and not enough days on our trips.

Smiled when I saw D's meal. You know how you can tell you're in a signature restaurant? The fries for the kids meal is served in a silver cup. :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the restaurants!! I always make my ADRs and then have 4-5 more that I think, "Oh, if only we were staying longer!!" I :rotfl: at your comment about the cup! You know the other way you can tell you're in a signature? When filet mignon is on the KID'S menu!!! ;)

Great update! :)

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

Great Post...I have been debating about making a reservation for Fulton's but that has just pushed me over the edge. Those pictures look so yummy!!

The pictures really don't do it justice, either! I'm so glad I talked you into it! It is yummalicious!!

I've always wanted to eat at Fultons. DBF does not like seafood (even though I make him try it from time to time lol.) I could see him eating your DS's chicken fingers and fries haha!

Love D's new shades! What a cool guy! I don't eat seafood so I've never had any desire to go to Fulton's but it looks like a great restaurant, and the view is amazing!

I've always wanted to eat at Fultons. DBF does not like seafood (even though I make him try it from time to time lol.) I could see him eating your DS's chicken fingers and fries haha!

It was some pretty good chicken!!! ;) You should definitely try Fulton's--they have lots for the non-seafood-eater!! :thumbsup2

Love D's new shades! What a cool guy! I don't eat seafood so I've never had any desire to go to Fulton's but it looks like a great restaurant, and the view is amazing!

It really is a great restaurant, and they have some wonderful food! I didn't have any desire to try it either until I saw it on someone's TR a few years ago, and I am so glad we did! It's terrific!!

Very nice, sounds like you guys had a great meal at Foulton's! I am not a seafood lover, but even to me everything looks yummy!

So glad D woke up feeling better and was able to eat his dinner at Fultons. I can just tell from his picture that he was really feeling like a "big guy" with his sunglasses pushed up on his head! So cute! :)

Glad you enjoyed your first Disney meal of the trip!

Very nice, sounds like you guys had a great meal at Foulton's! I am not a seafood lover, but even to me everything looks yummy!

It really is SO good!!! :) :thumbsup2

So glad D woke up feeling better and was able to eat his dinner at Fultons. I can just tell from his picture that he was really feeling like a "big guy" with his sunglasses pushed up on his head! So cute! :)

Glad you enjoyed your first Disney meal of the trip!

Thank you!! He definitely was thinking he was a big guy! ;)

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday!! Another update coming tonight or tomorrow! :goodvibes

YAY!!! You started :cool1: :banana: :yay:

I'm in! popcorn::

I just started so I am a little behind :rolleyes1

LOVE this pic! So cute how he still has his toy in his hand :lmao:

IMG_2057_zpsd2b21bd4.jpg

OMG Brooke!!!! I can't believe the audacity of that woman!!! :eek::scared1::mad:

She should NOT be working anywhere near the public, let alone concierge!!!

Who talks to people like that???? Ummm this is Disney, there are kids everywhere. Some are tired and cranky and grumbly and sometimes they just don't want to talk to people, let alone some strange crazy woman :crazy2:

I would have noted her name, walked over to the counter and asked for a manager immediately!!! :mic:

I'm sorry that she completely ruined what should have been a very magical moment for you guys. :worried:

Edited to add:

I really hate the way the luggage thing works at Disney. Personally I prefer to handle my own luggage but in our experience, they don't allow a guest to use those carts so you are stuck with them handling your luggage. I don't mind tipping either but because of their system, one person helps you in and then another person delivers it to your room so you are stuck tipping twice! :headache:

In most hotels, you can either use the carts yourself and have the option of someone helping you or the person who helps you sticks with you while you check-in and then shows you to your room.

I'm sorry D wasn't feeling good :sick: :sad1:

I'm a little surprised though that the people at Roaring Forks didn't help you with the clean up :sad2: Two of them went to look for a cloth for 10 minutes? :confused3

Geeez, it doesn't sound like a great start :rolleyes2

I sure hope it gets better ;) :thumbsup2

We love WL! We stayed there twice and the second time we almost had that same view of the monorail. :lovestruc

Hi everyone!! Just wanted you to know I didn't disappear off the face of the earth! ;) It's crazy time at work, so I had a lot to do at home this weekend.

I'll be back tonight to do replies and to post another update!! Have a MARVELOUSLY MAGICAL Monday, everyone!! :cool1:

YAY!!! You started :cool1: :banana: :yay:

I'm in! popcorn::

I just started so I am a little behind :rolleyes1

LOVE this pic! So cute how he still has his toy in his hand :lmao:

IMG_2057_zpsd2b21bd4.jpg

So glad you are here!! :thumbsup2 I've got to catch up on yours tonight! Thanks!!! The toys are a MUST in the car--asleep or awake!!

OMG Brooke!!!! I can't believe the audacity of that woman!!! :eek::scared1::mad:

She should NOT be working anywhere near the public, let alone concierge!!!

Who talks to people like that???? Ummm this is Disney, there are kids everywhere. Some are tired and cranky and grumbly and sometimes they just don't want to talk to people, let alone some strange crazy woman :crazy2:

I would have noted her name, walked over to the counter and asked for a manager immediately!!! :mic:

I'm sorry that she completely ruined what should have been a very magical moment for you guys. :worried:

Edited to add:

I really hate the way the luggage thing works at Disney. Personally I prefer to handle my own luggage but in our experience, they don't allow a guest to use those carts so you are stuck with them handling your luggage. I don't mind tipping either but because of their system, one person helps you in and then another person delivers it to your room so you are stuck tipping twice! :headache:

In most hotels, you can either use the carts yourself and have the option of someone helping you or the person who helps you sticks with you while you check-in and then shows you to your room.

Yep, I don't like the luggage thing either, and that woman was definitely off her rocker. I could almost understand it if we or D had been rude or something, but we weren't. We just evidently weren't up her alley that day!

I'm sorry D wasn't feeling good :sick: :sad1:

I'm a little surprised though that the people at Roaring Forks didn't help you with the clean up :sad2: Two of them went to look for a cloth for 10 minutes? :confused3

Geeez, it doesn't sound like a great start :rolleyes2

I sure hope it gets better ;) :thumbsup2

We love WL! We stayed there twice and the second time we almost had that same view of the monorail. :lovestruc

I think the RF CMs were anti-vomit! :rotfl: They miraculously reappeared after as soon as I had it cleaned up! I was really worried about him being sick, but he definitely trooped along!

Ok, y'all. . .after much waiting, here's another update!! :thumbsup2

After we left Fulton’s, we decided to go check out the Lego store. Brian LOVES Legos, but D isn’t really into them yet, so we don’t have a lot at our house. For some reason, D was all about going to see the Lego Store, though!

A few pics as we walked around:

IMG_2614_zps41a3501e.jpg

IMG_2617_zpsdb8693d6.jpg

IMG_2618_zps476e3eed.jpg

IMG_2623_zps81a230ac.jpg

Brian went into the store and walked around, but D and I stayed in the play area outside. D decided that was much more fun than fighting the crowd in the store, and I agreed!!

IMG_2619_zpse1430190.jpg

When Brian finished looking, he came out and played with D, too!

IMG_2620_zps33022e54.jpg

A very nice couple took our pic with the Lego Family, and then we returned the favor!

IMG_2622_zps666ce193.jpg

We made another quick run by the spitting Stitch:

IMG_2624_zpsfa3b88f5.jpg

Then, it was back to the Disney bus to head back to Wilderness Lodge! When we got back to the room, we took quick showers, talked through our plan for the next day, and then discovered something fun. . .we could see and pretty much hear Wishes from our balcony!! I tried to get some pics that night, but I was so excited that they were all just blurs. I did, however, text the blurs to my BFF (also a Disney lover) saying “Guess what this is???? And from where???” It’s a good thing she understands my Disney addiction! :rotfl:

Next up: We’re finally to the first park day!! Will we make it into a park? Will D beat the odds of the daycare disease? ;)

I had no idea that the Stitch "spits"! :rotfl:

Of course, I think I've been to Downtown Disney just once so there's a LOT I don't know about it!

My DH LOVES the Lego store! We have to pay it a visit each trip.
What a great photo in front of spitting Stitch!
Hope D beats the odds!

Cute picture in DTD!

How great that you could see Wishes! What a perfect ending to your day.

I had no idea that the Stitch "spits"! :rotfl:

Of course, I think I've been to Downtown Disney just once so there's a LOT I don't know about it!

Oh yes! And not only does he spit, but he rotates and spits! It's hilarious to see unsuspecting people get hit with that!! ;)

My DH LOVES the Lego store! We have to pay it a visit each trip.
What a great photo in front of spitting Stitch!
Hope D beats the odds!

I can definitely see the Lego store being a HUGE hit in our future!! Thanks--I was determined to get a Stitch pic. . .D was determined not to get spit on! :rotfl2:

Cute picture in DTD!

How great that you could see Wishes! What a perfect ending to your day.

It definitely was a wonderful ending! I didn't realize we'd be able to see it as well as we could, and D was in awe!!

hey Lego store was one of my picks :thumbsup2 I'm sure Brian will get D hooked on them soon!

I didn't know Stitch spit either :confused3 will have to be on the look out so we don't get wet :rotfl2:

how great you could see and hear wishes! nice way to end your night!

hey Lego store was one of my picks :thumbsup2 I'm sure Brian will get D hooked on them soon!

I didn't know Stitch spit either :confused3 will have to be on the look out so we don't get wet :rotfl2:

how great you could see and hear wishes! nice way to end your night!

Yep, you were right!!! :thumbsup2 So glad I could be the "Stitch Public Service Announcement" so everyone doesn't get spit on by Stitch! :rotfl:

Wishes was a wonderful way to end the night--it totally capped it off in the best way!

Ok, y'all, yesterday was a little crazy!! Update coming tonight!

Ahhh. . .Friday morning!! So nice to wake up at the Wilderness Lodge and get ready for a park instead of waking up at home and getting ready for work! ;)

I got up at 5 am, and I have to admit, I was still kind of tired. Thats my normal morning wake-up time (sometimes earlier), but I was struggling a little bit. I text my BFF to discuss how it was easier to get up at WDW that early than for work (which was what she was doingwe work together), text my mom with our plans for the day (she likes to sort of follow along during the day), got ready, and as soon as 6 am came around, I was headed downstairs to Roaring Forks to fill our mugs. Hellllooooo, Coffee, My Old Friend!! :) While all of this was going on, the guys were still asleep.

I finally got them up at about 6:15right after I got back with drinks. Going to get drinks in the morning was one time when I really liked being in OFC instead of in the Villas where we had been the last time. I always went to get coffee before OFC was open, but it was still a quick trip to Roaring Forks. Coming from the Villas, it was a bit more of a walknow, thats not whining, I promise. It just was a little closer this way!! ;)

The guys got up (D was a little slower to wake up), got ready, and we were ready to head out for our MK day. I was trying to pack everything for the day, get the cameras, and set out the envelope of the day for Mousekeeping. I thought I had done almost everything the night before, but it still seemed a little chaotic that morning. Nevertheless, about 6:55, we were headed out the door.

We got downstairs, and just as we started past the Mercantile to go to the buses, we realized that Brian didnt have his birthday button. Brian was content to just go without it, but I kept saying, Its a birthday trip. You wear a birthday button. So, to appease me (hes such a good guy), he went back upstairs to get it. While he was gone, D and I had a little photo session. . .

He was feeling good and ready to hit the Magic Kingdom!!

The Magic Kingdom bus came really soon after we walked outside, and we were the only 3 people on the bus! Thank you, Disney, for our private transportation! :lmao: We were to MK by no later than 7:15. We walked to the gate and headed over to the let us in early for breakfast line. They still had everyone outside the turnstiles by that point. We saw them stop a family and pick them for Family of the Daydo you ever see that and think, WAIT!! PICK ME!! IM THEIR SISTER/AUNT/COUSIN/etc. Hmm. . .maybe thats just me. ;)

As we lined up, I said to Brian, Ok, I have my ticket. Do you have yours and Ds? Brian said, What? I have mine. I said, No, where is Ds? He said, Ummm. . .ummmm. . . Ok. You know that moment where you are like, SERIOUSLY? I knew it wasnt really completely his fault, but I was thinking the Disney Trip Gods might not be smiling on me right now. He said, Well, Ill just go back to WL and get it. I said, No. If you do that, youll miss breakfast and we will too, since we cant get in either. He walked over and asked a CM (a very nice older lady). She sent him to Guest Services. He got there at 7:28 am, they opened at 7:30 am, and by 7:35, D had a new ticket!! Woohooooo, Disney Service! Take that, Poo-Pooers of Disney Trips!! ;) While this was going on, I was texting my BFF again, telling her what was happening, complete with AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! She reminded me that her dad had done the same thing on a previous trip.

Once Brian got back, I was determined to make it an awesomely fun day! We took a few pics outside:

And then we were allowed to line up and get ready to head in for breakfast! There were probably 20 or so people in the breakfast reservation line. I always love those lines because people are in a good mood (usually) and they are nice to each other!

About 7:45-ish, we were finally in and walking right down the middle of Main Street USA!! (Admit it, you sang the song just then, right?)

We stopped for some PhotoPass pics. . .just because you just have to, right??

We made it over to Crystal Palace, and I was about the 6th or 7th person to check my family in (our ADR was for 8:05 am), and while I was doing that, Brian and D took a few pics. We had D in the stroller to capitalize on his energy for later in the day!

The CMs working the check-in were SO sweet!! Two of them were earning their ears, and the CM working with them was so nice to them and to me! It made me smile to see how much fun they seemed to be having!

My guys occupied themselves with the games on Brians phone while we waited.

By 8:06 or so, we were called inI think we were the 3rd family called! Look out, Crystal Palace (and the Puffed French Toast), here we come!!

Next up: 100 Acre Wood Fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter