• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Talk?

Dashzap

DIS Veteran
What do you think this is all about (from the vmk homepage):

Ahoy mateys! Join the crew for a weekend of pirate talk, Friday thru Sunday. arrrrrrr

Dashzap said:
What do you think this is all about (from the vmk homepage):

Ahoy mateys! Join the crew for a weekend of pirate talk, Friday thru Sunday. arrrrrrr

Arrrrrrr, I have a feelin' it be pirate costumes ;)

Maybe a quest like we had for the purple baseball costume only pirate talk instead of baseball trivia?

bevgray said:
Maybe a quest like we had for the purple baseball costume only pirate talk instead of baseball trivia?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hope it isn't quests. I don't have time this weekend to run through each quest four times (for my characters and the kids)!

Yarrrr, this be a genius idea. Although, me thinks I've seen this around the seven seas before. Anyone ever heard of talk like a pirate day? This sounds exactly like that. But seriously, I can't wait for this. It's days like this that I'm glad my name has "pirate" in it instead of "WDW", "DLR" or any combination of the two. Anyways, I hope it's some kind of quest/trivia thing, because I know piratey stuff. They are probably the coolest living things from the past (in my opinion DON'T FLAME ME!!! (I'm used to a board were someone got flamed for voicing thier opinion...)) and I have a pretty decent sized Jolly Roger pinned to my wall.

shadow pirate said:
They are probably the coolest living things from the past (in my opinion DON'T FLAME ME!!! (I'm used to a board were someone got flamed for voicing thier opinion...)) .

What makes you say pirates are in the past? There are PLENTY of modern pirates. How about the cruise boat off Africa a little while ago that nearly got boarded?

If it's a quest(s), and it involves Jungle Cruise...

Helllloooooo Trades and Wishes Forum. :rolleyes: Even if not, so help me, I can't take any more quests right now. :badpc: I really, really can't. The baseball ones and the microphone one finished me off to the point where I'm even putting off working on my own quest. :guilty:

I sincerely hope that there are no quests this weekend.
Any other time and I wouldn't care.
But my dsl modem just died on me tonight and it will take 4-7 days before I get the new one.

And my alternate dial up connection is insanely sloooooooooowwwww!

I have spent the last 15 mins trying to log into vmk and have yet to manage it. So I think that I will have problems getting anything new that come out even. Let alone game heavy quests.

So please! NO quests this weekend!

Sunday's party with pirate talk:

piratespeech.jpg

Maybe if we are supposed to wear our best pirate attire, the pirate costumes will go on sale??

Dashzap said:
Maybe if we are supposed to wear our best pirate attire, the pirate costumes will go on sale??

Hoping something new comes out today other than another pin.... though honestly, pirate stuff just doesn't float my boat here, so not too excited.... LOL!

my well i cant wait for vmk to open i LOVE PIRATES!!! :love: pirate: :love: :hyper: :hyper2:

Dashzap said:
Sunday's party with pirate talk:

piratespeech.jpg

They've had Hula's pirate party twice already (that I know of), with the same information on it, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

Dashzap said:
What makes you say pirates are in the past? There are PLENTY of modern pirates. How about the cruise boat off Africa a little while ago that nearly got boarded?
piracy1.jpg

rof PLENTY of modern pirates of all kinds.

I think the pirate costumes should come out tomorrow,about in the middle of the month.

Personally, I think Pirate Month is the most boring "themed month" VMK has had so far. I love Pirates of the Caribbean and I think that so far they've really dropped the ball with this one. The month is half over!
Just my two cents.
Waiting and waiting for cool pirate stuff to happen!!!!!
TikiKrissy

Okay I know it's bad form to reply to my own post... but I was just thinking...
Maybe they are expecting US to make it a TRUE Pirates month by taking over VMK? Mutiny anyone?!!! :rolleyes:
Arrrrrr...pirate:

Speaking strictly from a business standpoint, I would be surprised to see many big events at all in the summer. VMK programmers and staff have to vacation too. Despite the "magical feel" VMK is nonetheless bound by the real world factor. :( So I would say resources will play a large part in this. Just look at how long it took to get the Halloween decorations down... :rotfl:

I would say they will be limited to things that do not involve major changes - Pins mostly, maybe a costume item like a hat or shirt (with sword at belt) or something, at least until August or September.

baseball tiki month was last month, and all they did until the last... week and a half maybe, was just the pins. They're probably just waiting until the end of this month too. Next weekend will probably be a quest weekend, and one of the costumes will probably be released before then...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter