Pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort

Peachkins

DIS Veteran
Although our trip's a long way off still, I've been looking at some of the different resorts because, well, I can't help it. :)

One room that caught my husband's eye was the pirate room at Caribbean Beach. I would love to stay in one of these rooms, but I only see them advertised with two double beds. Does anyone know if they offer these rooms with just a king bed as well? I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.

The Pirate rooms only have 2 double beds and although the theming is great (especially if you have boys) but these rooms are a LONG walk to the main pool and food court. IMHO it's not that much worse than staying in one of the farther buildings at POP but it can get pretty inconvenient.

Thank you both for the info. I do have to admit, this whole resort does intimidate me a little. The place looks huge! I usually stay in the value resorts, but this will be my husband's first trip and I figured since he liked the pirate rooms that much, we'd consider it. He's just a big kid after all. :) Alas, not having a king bed is a deal-breaker.

Thank you both for the info. I do have to admit, this whole resort does intimidate me a little. The place looks huge! I usually stay in the value resorts, but this will be my husband's first trip and I figured since he liked the pirate rooms that much, we'd consider it. He's just a big kid after all. :) Alas, not having a king bed is a deal-breaker.

we loved the pirate rooms. and the pool is awesome . heres a few pics for u
24wbwi9.jpg

29yqsg4.jpg

The Pirate rooms only have 2 double beds and although the theming is great (especially if you have boys) but these rooms are a LONG walk to the main pool and food court. IMHO it's not that much worse than staying in one of the farther buildings at POP but it can get pretty inconvenient.

+1 Couldn't agree more!

We loved the room itself, but it was too far from the main pool and food court for us to really take advantage of it. What we ended up doing is getting off there on the way back from the park, get our drinks & snacks, and then getting back on the bus to go to our room.

The resort is very pretty - I would enjoy it a lot... if I wasn't at Disney! If you are a rope drop to good night kiss theme park goer, you might want to stay at a different resort. If you plan a day or more at the resort, it might work out well for you.

Of all the moderates, CBR is the only one to yet to have a refurb, other than the pirate rooms. This was to entice people to stay in some of the farthest rooms away from the main amentities.

All the other mods have queen beds.

The main problem with CBR, when looking at all the other mods, is while POR and CSR are about the same size theoretically, CBR is much more elongated in shape. Therefore, it tends to have a longer walk than the other large sized mods.

POR did the same thing, but adding the RR's, as CBR, to entire people to book some of the more remotely located rooms there which exist in Parterre Place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter