• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Party for newbie

HotMama

DIS Veteran
We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy. Was wondering if I could get some info on the pirate party night. I understand a lot of people dress in pirate attire. I read that there is a buffet at the party. Do you still eat in your restaurant? When does the party start? Any info would be great! Thanks. :goodvibes

You have dinner in the dining room; servers will wear pirate attire. There is a stage show on the pool deck starting about 10 with fireworks at 10:45 and food right after the fireworks. Some people go all out with costumes, many are just "cruise casual." You won't be out of place either way.

Frankly, we skip the buffet many times--long lines, crowds...the food is cold by the time you clear the line and get to a place where you can eat it. I'm content to let the newbies have at it, although the crepes are really good.

You have dinner in the dining room; servers will wear pirate attire. There is a stage show on the pool deck starting about 10 with fireworks at 10:45 and food right after the fireworks. Some people go all out with costumes, many are just "cruise casual." You won't be out of place either way.

Frankly, we skip the buffet many times--long lines, crowds...the food is cold by the time you clear the line and get to a place where you can eat it. I'm content to let the newbies have at it, although the crepes are really good.

Since we have late seating for dinner we had no interest in the buffet, which was just as well given the lines!

on my Nov 13th cruise, practically everyone was dressed as a pirate! Although this is unusual that so many participated, it made for a fun night. They were not shy about joining in the dance party either! :banana:

The times of the Pirate Parties are the same on all three ships. However, the buffet is set up completely different on the Dream. On the Magic and Wonder the buffet is prepared around the deck while the party is going on. It makes for extreme crowding and finding a place to consume your food almost impossible. We generally take the food back to the room, carrying it down flights of stairs.

However, the Dream's buffet is in Cabana's and is set up a whole lot better. The food stations are spread out better and unlike the Magic and Wonder there is seating! Like it much better! My DW and I don't dress in Pirate garb and do not fee out of place. There are a lot of people that live for the pirate night so they dress up.

To each their own. Enjoy the cruise.

The longer the cruise the more likely it is that people dress up. We have always dressed up (7 and 15 night cruises) and never felt out of place. But dressing up has many degrees, from all out costumes to just a bandana on your head.

IMG_1153.jpg

You can see people in line here with Mickey ear bandanas (and of course my kids in costume) either way, have fun with it!

You still eat in your restaurant - there is a little post meal show that the servers do. Here is a photo of our headserver on our last cruise.

IMG_1168.jpg

We usually have late seating and are too stuffed to each much at the pirate buffet, but sometimes we will take some desserts back to the room to eat.

Here are some photos of the buffet from the Wonder.

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

HTH

-Kay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter