• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Night changed for 2/14 Fantasy sailing!

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
We're 4 days out, and I just went into my reservation as I'm STILL (I know...almost out of time) debating the Rainforest Tour and Walk or the Rainforest Hike and Waterfall excursion, and I noticed that suddenly there was nothing listed on St. Maarten day where there had been the ship-based activity listed for Pirate Night ever since I booked it up to yesterday.

Now Pirate Night is showing on San Juan day.

Other than this likely messing up my requested dinner rotation (I figure at this point they've done the rotation assignments and aren't likely to shift them around just because of this sudden change), is this an indication that perhaps weather is predicted for St. Maarten day/night that would prevent Pirate Night from being able to happen? Or do they randomly change up things last minute for reasons known only to them?

Thanks for the heads up! We had Palo scheduled for Pirate Night. Off to see if I can change it...

They moved our pirate night on our Fantasy 7 night (January 24-31st) and moved everyone's reservations!

I really hope they automatically move mine. I would much prefer it, and there doesn't seem to be anything available at Palo on the new pirate night. :worried:

Here's what the letter in our first navigator said (the navigator we got before boarding):

"During this sailing our departure from St. Thomas will be later than originally planned on Tuesday evening, due to berthing restrictions in the port. As a result, our popular Pirate Night will now take place on Wednesday evening following our day in San Juan when the ship is at sea. On Tuesday evening, guests will now enjoy the Prince and Princess themed dining menus.

We realize that many guests may have planned their reservations at Palo, Remy or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique around these two popular events. Therefore, we have automatically switched the days for any pre-booked reservations for these experiences. This means that if you had a reservation for Palo or Remy on Tuesdaay, your reservation is now on Wednesday at the same time. Guests with pre-booked reservations on Wednesday will now dine on Tuesday...."

They moved our pirate night on our Fantasy 7 night (January 24-31st) and moved everyone's reservations!

Do you know if they adjusted the dining rotations as well? Or do you remember your rotation? (Knowing what they typically are, I could tell if they changed it around.)

For us, those were the two nights we were in Animator's Palate back to back (we had AERAAER) so it didn't change ours. Not sure how they handled it for the other rotations.

For us, those were the two nights we were in Animator's Palate back to back (we had AERAAER) so it didn't change ours. Not sure how they handled it for the other rotations.

Thanks! :)

OK, given that the rotations used to be AERAERA (ERAERAE, or RAERAER), it looks like maybe they've changed the dining rotations overall. Fingers crossed that this is the pattern we'll have too - that would give me my requested Pirate Night at AP AND keep icky Enchanted Garden on night 2 when I have Palo dinner booked.

Since you are not guaranteed any rotation, best is to simply go to RP on embarkation day (I think after 1pm?) to change your rotation if it's not what you wanted.

Since you are not guaranteed any rotation, best is to simply go to RP on embarkation day (I think after 1pm?) to change your rotation if it's not what you wanted.

I am well aware that it's not a guarantee, but thanks.

Here's what the letter in our first navigator said (the navigator we got before boarding):

"During this sailing our departure from St. Thomas will be later than originally planned on Tuesday evening, due to berthing restrictions in the port. As a result, our popular Pirate Night will now take place on Wednesday evening following our day in San Juan when the ship is at sea. On Tuesday evening, guests will now enjoy the Prince and Princess themed dining menus.

We realize that many guests may have planned their reservations at Palo, Remy or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique around these two popular events. Therefore, we have automatically switched the days for any pre-booked reservations for these experiences. This means that if you had a reservation for Palo or Remy on Tuesdaay, your reservation is now on Wednesday at the same time. Guests with pre-booked reservations on Wednesday will now dine on Tuesday...."

Thank you for the follow up! I won't worry about switching then.

Thank you for the follow up! I won't worry about switching then.

Hopefully it will work out for you!! :)

The only issue with the automatic switch I could see is if someone booked it NOT because it was Pirate Night but because it was a special event like a birthday or anniversary. I'd hope that if that was the case Disney would find a space for them on their originally booked night.

Hmm... I checked my original documents, and the departure time for St. Maarten is unchanged, so unless we are even later leaving, I don't think that's the reason why.

When you check in at the port. It will be printed on your KTTW card.

Yes, I should have added "requested" in my phraseology. I don't know what rotation I have yet. My request is AP on Pirate Night, which with the previously common (and actually the newer one posted in this thread) would put me in Enchanted Garden the second night. I don't like the main menu in EG, so I've booked Palo for the second night. Should things not work out as requested, I will go and see if something can be changed, and if not, I'll figure things are as they are for a reason and just roll with it.

I was on that Jan 24-31 cruise too and I don't think we knew the reason for the change until we boarded the ship. I'm quite sure someone in our cruise group would have noticed a port change time before we left, especially when they noticed the change in Pirate Night.

How did you know your pirate night had changed? was it printed somewhere or is it listed in the itinerary? Just curious...

I was on that Jan 24-31 cruise too and I don't think we knew the reason for the change until we boarded the ship. I'm quite sure someone in our cruise group would have noticed a port change time before we left, especially when they noticed the change in Pirate Night.

Like I said, the letter (that I quoted from above) was in the navigator. I'm pretty sure we were handed that when we checked in prior to boarding. I'm not sure if things had been altered online before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter