• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Night Alaska 2013 Replaced by "Pixar Pals" Night...

I asked DCL about this a couple weeks ago and got this...

..Sounds a little less exciting than I'd hoped :\ Is it Pixar Pals, or just Toy Story pals...?

Anyone have a link to YouTube? I'm guessing maybe this is similar to what was done on the Pixar-themed cruises this year?

EDIT: Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNCbW24Gpg

Looks like a nice variety of characters, at least!

I can understand why DCL is making the change -- no fireworks allowed, cold up on deck at night -- they don't want Pirate Mickey's swash to buckle.

But i do hope they add more than the one song.

I was told about the Pixar Pals night yesterday when I called DCL to find out when the formal & semi-formal nights are during the July 2013 Alaska Cruises. According to the DCL representative, for 2013 Alaska cruises that start on Monday the Pixar Pals night will be on Day 5 (Friday), which is the day the ship docks in Juneau (as already indicated by another user). The DCL rep also stated that passengers can, if they choose to, dress up like their favorite Pixar character (I'm trying to convince my wife to pair up w/me and go as Mr & Mrs Incredible).

In case anyone is interested, the formal night is on Day 2 (Tuesday, Day at Sea) and the semi-formal is on Day 6 (Saturday, Ketchikan).

I am a little bummed. We sail on the 9/1/13 Alaskan cruise and I had pirate FE gifts planned and had bought pirate T-shirts. They should have sent something to cruisers to let them know or even a text update would have been helpful.

Has anyone confirmed when the Taste of Alaska menu is? I'm hoping it takes the place of the Pirate Menu.

Has anyone confirmed when the Taste of Alaska menu is? I'm hoping it takes the place of the Pirate Menu.

Who knows? The first Alaska season it was on Pirate night. The second season it replaced Parrot Cay's Signature menu.

My guess, as there's no pirate night on the Alaska cruises this year, if they have it, it will again be the Parrot Cay Signature menu.

This sounds very much like the Pixar Pals event that was held on the West Coast Pixar cruises last fall. You will most likely see characters from The Incredibles, Toy Story, Up, Bug's Life and Ratatouille.

Happy to hear this. Not a fan of pirate night myself. Like the fireworks though. I know there are no fireworks on Alaska cruises though. We go in 2014. I hope they are still going Pixar Pals night then also.

This sounds very much like the Pixar Pals event that was held on the West Coast Pixar cruises last fall. You will most likely see characters from The Incredibles, Toy Story, Up, Bug's Life and Ratatouille.

That would make me very happy. I have had the chance to meet Buzz, Woody and Jessie before, but I really want to meet Remy.

Corinna

It sounds like the exact same thing. Same name. Basically it is like Till we Meet again farewell thing. The Different pixar characters come down the stairs as being introduced and then there is the meet and greets (which is super crowded, no autographes) and then the go back and do the song and its over.

Not really a party by any means.

I wont be going to Alaska until 2015, so I hope they have something better worked out by then. I dont mind if it is not a pirate show, but just a song and dance by Woody and Jessie is definitely not a party to me.:(

Looks like fun! The variety of characters from the you tube vid. was pretty impressive. Maybe by next year they will have developed it a bit more??

I'm really surprised that DCL has not made an official announcement about this. It's not listed under activities on my reservation, either, unlike the pirate party was for my Dream cruises. While I have no problem that there will be no pirate night for Alaska, I'm sure there are folks who will be disappointed.

I'm really surprised that DCL has not made an official announcement about this. It's not listed under activities on my reservation, either, unlike the pirate party was for my Dream cruises. While I have no problem that there will be no pirate night for Alaska, I'm sure there are folks who will be disappointed.
Yep agreed! I was joking about this on our Alaska cruise thread - I'm sure there will be quite a few people bringing Pirate items and dressing up as Pirates still. I also completely understand why it's being tweaked but still feel like it'd be nice to have an official update so people would know. :thumbsup2

Heather

Yep agreed! I was joking about this on our Alaska cruise thread - I'm sure there will be quite a few people bringing Pirate items and dressing up as Pirates still. I also completely understand why it's being tweaked but still feel like it'd be nice to have an official update so people would know. :thumbsup2

Heather

I agree - I was a bit incredulous when the person from our CruiseMeet first posted about it, until I called myself. Some sort of announcement from DCL themselves would be nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter