• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Museum in Nassau?

geniemomof4

Earning My Ears
I've seen some mentions of a Pirate Museum in Nassau. What is it exactly? What does it have there? How far from the ship? Any pricing info?

I have four boys and they are all about pirates so I figure it was worth finding out about. Thanks! pirate:

Its a Museum, that is about 10 minutes or so from the cutoms/arrival bldg, in Nassau.It walkable from the ship.

Basically they have mock ups of sailing ships from the era of pirates, local pirate legends, and pirate history of the Bahamas.Its both static and interactive.

I want to say when we went 2 years ago, it was abut 20 a person to enter.

Heres the link to the museum.

I've seen some mentions of a Pirate Museum in Nassau. What is it exactly? What does it have there? How far from the ship? Any pricing info?

I have four boys and they are all about pirates so I figure it was worth finding out about. Thanks! pirate:

Four boys interested in pirates will enjoy the museum. :cool2:

We were not sure about doing it and walked through the shop a litttle bit and they made us a better deal than the normal asking price, That was 5 years ago. It was interesting, they have great photo opps out front with a person dressed as a pirate that was a blast.

We visited the museum a couple of years ago and my DS8 really enjoyed it. I don't remember it being $20 pp. I thought it was cheaper. :confused3
There was a courtyard for photo ops too. We also visited the pub next door and had conch fritters while the resident "pirate" "threatened" our son. He loved that.....:scared1::thumbsup2
I have taken a couple of pirate society classes in college and the information in the museum seemed very well researched.

Tbaggott - Not only do I love your magnet designs, love the price you quoted for the museum!!

Looks like that's what we'll be doing on our cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter