Pirate League for adults?

DisneyGuy

DIS Veteran
Do many adults go for the pirate makeovers on pirate night? I know plenty of adults dress up and all but I saw service was available for adults - I guess face painting and some accessories? Any adults here ever do this? Was it worth it? I’m going with other people but haven’t mentioned this to them yet.

Many many people dress up on pirate night. And I have seen some with pirate make up on. However, I don’t know that they spent $60 at BBB to get that done.

A LOT of adults dress up for pirate night, some more than others. If this is something that you are really into, spending some money to help with that is not a waste. If you do it, share a pic of you in your pirate outfit!

Personally I don’t think the $60 for the cheapest package is worth it for an adult. The makeup can be easily done yourself and the accessories are cute but can be found on Amazon/costume shop (you get a plastic sword, necklace, eyepatch, fake earring, and bandana as well as a sack to put all of it). It is cute how they give you a pirate name and have you take a pirate pledge. However, my daughter has done it 3 times and I have never seen an adult do it. It may be kind of awkward to be in the makeover chair surrounded by kids. Definitely feels more geared to kids.

I have seen some great pirate outfits on adults - fully decked out, hat, boots, shirt and pants - that the cost of the makeover could help offset buying (before the cruise). Then we could see you in the hall and quiver in our boots. And you could get many uses out of it.

I believe my daughter has done it on 7 cruises and I've never seen an adult in there. I think the whole process is geared more toward kids, but maybe they do something a bit different for adults if one actually goes in there. The fun thing for my daughter is she's had the same person on a couple of cruises do her princess makeover and her pirate makeover on different days. Those CMs have been hilarious in "bashing" their twin. Super fun interactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter