Pirate cruise

jazmyin

Mouseketeer
My ds age 6 wants to go on the pirate cruise when we go in May. Can anyone tell me how long it takes and what the adults do to kill the time while waiting? I know it is only for the kids.

I just signed my kids up for the cruise in dec. I believe it is 2 hours you have to be there at 9:45 and it ends at noon. As for what to do I would ride the monorail and go shopping at the different resorts. Remember to make ressies at 120 days out I made ressies at exactly 120 days out at about 10am and we got the last three slots.

Good luck!

and my DW enjoyed sitting in the lobby of the GF and taking in the live music. I did a couple of different monorail loops and took some pictures.

The cruise is two hours: arrive by 9:40: check in;
The boat leaves with the "pirates" at 10 a.m. and returns at noon.

My daughter had a fabulous time!

Reservations go quickly and must be gotten in the first few minutes at 7 am EST exactly 120 (I think) days out!

The last time I looked this was a Monday and Thursday event at the GF.

Kids of all ages are reported to enjoy this and my DD is already talking about doing it again the "next time" we go to WDW!

Oh yes, here is another thing to tie in before the pirate cruise: try to tie in a character breakfast at 1900 Park at the GF before the Pirate Cruise. One of the best buffets we had at the World was at the GF character breakfast.

and my DW enjoyed sitting in the lobby of the GF and taking in the live music. I did a couple of different monorail loops and took some pictures.

The cruise is two hours: arrive by 9:40: check in;
The boat leaves with the "pirates" at 10 a.m. and returns at noon.

My daughter had a fabulous time!

Reservations go quickly and must be gotten in the first few minutes at 7 am EST exactly 120 (I think) days out!

The last time I looked this was a Monday and Thursday event at the GF.

Kids of all ages are reported to enjoy this and my DD is already talking about doing it again the "next time" we go to WDW!

Oh yes, here is another thing to tie in before the pirate cruise: try to tie in a character breakfast at 1900 Park at the GF before the Pirate Cruise. One of the best buffets we had at the World was at the GF character breakfast.

I usually grab a bite to eat at Gasparilla Grill and sit out by the marina and enjoy the fresh air. If the weather is bad, I sit in the lobby and people-watch. Click here for Pirates Cruise photos.

From the official WDW website:
- - - - - - -
Name: Pirate Cruise
Description: Offers children ages 3-10 a pirate adventure, complete with bandanas, following clues and searching Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. Two cast members, including a lifeguard, accompany the group. $24.95 per child, includes PB&J lunch with Gummy Bears, Rice Krispy treats and fruit punch box. Children must be potty trained, no pull-ups. Must cancel 24 hours in advance or pay full price.
Hours: Monday and Thursday 10 a.m. till noon
Information: (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).
- - - - - - -

A picture is worth a thousand words. When my little boy wakes up tomorrow I will show him your photos and see if he wants to go, he is 4 and a little afraid of going on a "pirate cruise" without mommy, so I think maybe this might enlighten him a bit!

IamSusan, the Pirates Cruise is my daughter's FAVORITE GF activity. We are sad because it will be down for rehab during our October trip. *Sob* I hope your son enjoys himself. My nephew didn't want to do it initially, but he went through with the cruise and came back singing "Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate's life for ME!" louder than the rest of the motley crew. Aye!

FYI - You don't always have to call at the 120 day mark at 7 a.m. to get a space on the Pirate Cruise. It depends on the time of the year. I also believe they are offering the cruise on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday now. It sure does look like fun. However, I think it would be REALLY cool if they had an boat that actually looked like a Pirate Ship - after all this is Disney.

I just made reservations for November last week. Monday, the 11th was full but I was able to get two kids in on Wed, the 13th.

When our boys did the Pirate Cruise, DH and I headed off to the Grand Floridian spa for a couple of their treatments. We staggered it a bit - DH had to leave for his massage about 10 minutes before they started loading the kids up on the cruise. After kids were on the boat, I went in for my facial and leg treatment. We did this just in case my treatments ran too long to pick up the kids. But DH was sitting there having a cup of tea waiting for me when I finished and we had plenty of time to walk over and greet the boys as the boat came back in.

Our DS's had a wonderful time and DH and I were wonderfully relaxed to take on the rest of our trip. The whole day got an A++ rating from the whole family.

Ttfn3, do you mean to say that this flag didn't make it *look* like a pirate ship? Click here for photo. ;) By the way, I agree with you -- a real pirate ship would be way cool, however, I think a mutiny would occur as we adults would want to take over the ship and leave the kids on shore!

I called the last week of july for the pirates cruise for my DD for our sep trip.
What the heck could they possibly rehab on this for the pirates cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter