Pirate Cruise being refurbished?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by MissMellie, Aug 11, 2002.

1. MissMellie

MissMellie Earning My Ears

Hi there,
    I just tried to make ressies for my 2 girls to go on the Pirate Cruise for the month of October but was told that it will be closed for refurbishment. What is there to refurbish? The boat maybe? Can anyone help with this?

Thanks so much:p

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ucralum

ucralum Mouseketeer

My son is booked for October 3. What date were you trying for? This makes me nervous.

4. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

I just booked my daughter on Oct. 2, they did raise the price to $24.95.

5. Boo Mc

Boo Mc Never thought I'd be a Disney geek!

CeeCee - our kids are going on Oct. 2, too. DS will be celebrating his 6th birthday and DD is 3 1/2. How old is your daughter? I think I read somewhere else that the refurb is later in October.

6. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

BooMc ... Hey, we'll see you there, my daughter is also 6, her name is Sami...according to the lady on the reservation line they only take 1-10 kids, so unless we chg plans, we will definately see you. What is your son's name?

7. Boo Mc

Boo Mc Never thought I'd be a Disney geek!

CeeCee - son's name is Tommy. What do you plan on doing while the kids are cruising? We haven't decided yet but I've heard some good ideas from others. See you on the 2nd.

8. disvaclub92

disvaclub92 <font color=royalblue>Always dreaming about Disney Moderator

Hi - what is the Pirate Cruise? What ages can go on this cruise?

Thanks

9. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

Haven't thought of what we'd do, but I don't want to go too far away...maybe have lunch since they will be eating on the cruise.

The cruise is for 3-10 yr olds and they put on a pirate bandana and hear a pirate story while sailing around to different ports looking for treasure, then at the end they find the treasure (trinkets, they can keep).

10. MissMellie

MissMellie Earning My Ears

I tried to sign my girls up for Oct 17th or later. I guess it is true that they will be refurbishing later in October. Thanks to all that replied. I'm bummed that my girls will not be going. I did book them for tea with Alice......I hope they enjoy it.

Melanie

11. laurenk

laurenk DIS Veteran

It can't be that long of a refurbishment, because we have 10 kids booked for November 13th. We were told they are adding another boat during that refurbishment, so that more kids can go.