Pirate Cruise age limit?

Disneydenise

DIS Veteran
My nephew might enjoy the cruise but this is going to be the first time for he and his family in DW. My DDwho is 22 would like to go with him, he is excited and knows that my DD is a pirate fan( she was one for Halloween) so he wants her to come with him. Would it be too weird for her to go? He is very shy and so is he so she really has a special place in her heart for him. I think that it might may the other children feel odd if his cousin is with him. We are very immature in our family. My DD just mentioned that we should let him think that she can go if its too creepy for the other kids.

I'm pretty certain the ages are 4-10 only. We considered it on our last trip but ruled it out since my oldest was 12 at the time and would have been left out. We didn't call and ask though and it could have changed in the past couple years. I'm sure someone will post who knows more and if not just call 407-wdw-tour and they'll be able to tell you quickly!

I'm pretty certain the ages are 4-10 only. We considered it on our last trip but ruled it out since my oldest was 12 at the time and would have been left out. We didn't call and ask though and it could have changed in the past couple years. I'm sure someone will post who knows more and if not just call 407-wdw-tour and they'll be able to tell you quickly!

It is 4-10. My children just did this last Tuesday and had a great time pirate:

Yes it would be too weird! It is for young children and the activities while neat for 6 yr olds are just that activities for 6yr olds. I think it would also be a liability for Disney how many parents are going to let there kids go off alone to an island if Disney let random adults go to.

If She feels she must do something piratey with him I think there is a Pirate dinner show in Orlando, that would be more appropriate.

Don't know when you're going but I was also going to suggest the Pirates and Princess parties they're having soon. A separate ticketed event in the evenings at the MK - they could do that together.

Yes, the age limits are 4-10. It really is geared for the younger crowd. Why not have your daughter take him for the check in and all that? And have her be the one to pick him up? Your nephew will be paired with another child of the same age range and things are done with the buddy system.

After the cruise, the two of them can go over to the Magic Kingdom and ride the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sorry, as the others have said, they aren't going to let an adult go. Imagine all the parents who would try to do this if they allowed it.

Thanks folks, my daughter was thinking she would walk him to the boat and get a Mickey pirate hat or something to wear to take him and pick him up. That is a great idea to cap it off with going on the ride afterwards. He is very excited about going to disney and he is just thrilled that she is paying attention to him. Now if we can get the little princess (his sister)to go with him I am sure they will have fun. Does anyone know how long the Pirate Adventure is?

Our times were from 9:30 to 11:30..so 2 hours. We did the CBR pirate adventure and they had a wonderful time, as did DH and I(we went to Kona for breakfast ;) )

My son has gone on the Pirate Adventure from the GF alone twice, when he was 5, 6 and will be going again this year 8. He had a GREAT time. Don't worry about sending him alone. The CMs are great about getting even the shyest child involved. If the weather is bad, they have their adventure inside the GF.

It's two hours. The boat will leave EXACTLY on time and will return EXACTLY on time. Your daughter should not miss the boat coming back. Cutest thing we ever saw. Made my daughter-in-law cry.

Your nephew will be given a Mickey bandana for the cruise with ears and his name on it. It's a good way for the Cast Members to be able to call the kids by name. He gets to keep that after the ride.

A great inexpensive souvenir is a $3 pirate flag from the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop. Maybe they could each get one of those as a reminder of their special day together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter