• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pirate costume question

mattmommy

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>My DS loves rice.
I bought my dh a pirate shirt on ebay. White satin with ruffles. Very cute, um, I mean handsome. Bought Dad a black one (dd is a bit of a slob). Well, now ds5 wants a white satin one like daddy. I've looked all over and can't find one in his small size. They only make that shirt in adult sizes. Does anybody know a seamstress that can custom make one without breaking the bank? I can only hot glue and not sew.

I'm still trying to have him settle on a costume on ebay.

mattmommy said:
I bought my dh a pirate shirt on ebay. White satin with ruffles. Very cute, um, I mean handsome. Bought Dad a black one (dd is a bit of a slob). Well, now ds5 wants a white satin one like daddy. I've looked all over and can't find one in his small size. They only make that shirt in adult sizes. Does anybody know a seamstress that can custom make one without breaking the bank? I can only hot glue and not sew.

I'm still trying to have him settle on a costume on ebay.

Suggest to ds5 that according to the Pirates' Code you may not have two identically-attired pirates on the same family ship....Of course, these are only guidelines......

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

....try matching other elements of the costumes... hats? swords? eye patches, parrots on the shoulder, etc. .... :confused3

this...we went to Value Village at Halloween and got foamie type pirate hats for the kids, eye patches, a red bandana, plastic hook and then just dressed the kids in red t-shirts and jeans. You could do something like that too, or just get a 2nd hand white shirt and mess it up, make it look dirty like a bad scoundral pirate would

I bought a satiny ruffled shirt for my DS age 11 in the petites dept of Dillards. They were very much on sale. he took a small. some places might even have XS or try the girls or Jrs. dept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter