• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate and Princess Party 2009 - Official Confirmation!

Did the CM actually tell you that it was because of the economy? WOW. I know Disney prefers to give other reasoning and will never use "finances" as an out.

The economy is a big reason to cut PP&P. In the 3 sets they were offered, they never sold out. They never had a big crowd, and there just wasn't enough going on to spend $45-$50 on. Yes, I had planned to go to them this year, because I'm determined to at some point get a good picture with Capt. Jack, but I'm not surprised. I thought there was a chance of cancellation when I heard there were 15 dates of 5 months. that just seems like a waste. I think Disney was glad to have a reason to cancel them.

I agree! This was the BEST party I have gone too, and I have been to Hallo-Wishes and the Christmas party. If they were going to cancel a party, then the X-Mas party would have been my choice. The parks are already decorated for x-mas, we have Osbourne's Lights, the Epcot Lights and celebrations, and the Jingle Parade.
'Come on Disney, you got us for Christmas anyway, can't you make it magical for the rest of us, who come in the spring, and summer and give us an additional reason to come? The Pirate/Princess Party was Disney magic at it's best! What the heck are you thinking?'
My daughter and I discussed this when we were at Disney yesterday. Who the heck is running Disney? Maybe a letter written to Disney, that we can all copy/paste from the Disboards, with our disappointment about the cancellation of the Princess/Pirate party is in order! Yes, the economy sucks, and that is only one more reason that we need Disney Magic when we are spending our hard earned dollars! I am seeing less and less of the Disney Magic :(

First and Foremost Disney is a buisness.P&P was NOT as profitable or as popular as the other 2 hard ticket events.I am sure it was a nice party , but Disney has to make cuts somewhere.I would rather they cut parties than cut food services or increase resorts and tickets even higher, I think bytheblood was just pointing out that Disney ,in the past,never will state economic woe as a reason they change or cut things.They always come up with some other reason to tell the public.The fact that they are doing it now goes to show just how bad the economy really and trully is.

I loved the P&P party we went to one in March of 2007. It was great all he characters dressed up as Pirates. The fireworks. And there weren't any crowds. It's a shame that they have to cancel a great party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter