Pipers MAW POST TRIP 4/9-4/15

This might be a little OT but don't go out and buy a new dryer just yet. It is probably just the heating coil or a thermostat.

Here is a video of what to check first before you plan on trashing your dryer. A new heating coil usually costs around $50 If you have any questions let me know I'll try to help you!:goodvibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rebeCMVsk

Tim

Omigosh, thank you so much! I'm not ready to toss out the dryer just yet. I shouldn't be, as it's only 6 years old!!! I was thinking it had to be something with the heating element. It tumbles like a champ! Luckily, it's a beautiful day today, so I've got some shirts smelling nice from outside. And bird-poop free! BONUS!

Thanks again!

Becky,
I loved seeing all of the pictures from your trip. We are going to WDW in June. It is good to read all of these tips...I really need to start writing them down, I keep thinking I will remember them :) I think there are too many!
We live just down the road from you, in La Vista, NE. When you talked about the Nebraska wind, I knew exactly what you were talking about!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I don't have a pre-trip report because I don't know how to start one. I really am computer dumb:( O-Well.

We met with the Dream Factory today and got informed we won't be staying at GKTW they are all booked up. Big time bummer for not only my daughter but my whole family. Don't get me wrong I am totally grateful for the trip and all but was really looking forward to having some more room etc. O-Well I guess we will be staying at the parks mostly 'cause who wants to be cramped in a small room for to long? We will get 300 dollars a piece for spending etc. That is also to include food, gas, gifts and etc. Glad to hear you didn't spend to much on things because I think ours will mostly go to food as we won't be staying at GKTW.

My daughter also is getting to eat a lunch with Snow White. She is so psyched. Now I don't have to try to hunt her down in the park. My son also wants a dinner meeting with goofy or stitch. Do you know how much those cost. My husband is kinda freakin out and has signed up for crazy amounts of overtime, just in case.

Do you know of anyone who has stayed in a hotel of property? I hope they have a fridge for Lexi's insulin. O.K., maybe I am getting to freaked also on worrying about everything.

I think they have changed the dates on us again. This makes 3 times and still no GKTW. Sorry if I sound ungrateful because really I am thankful and couldn't do this for my daughter right now without their help. I shouln't have looked at all of this cool stuff on here and read how wonderful GKTW is until after my meeting because now I am feeling a little let down.

I am sure we will still have a blast and am glad to hear that your ocean day went so well because before today we were going to skip the ocean but since we will be paying for meals out anyway I think we are going to make a day of the ocean. Do you think my 4 year old is to young to go? My husband had a twin brother who drowned in a lake when they were 14 so he is very paranoid about the water. Any pointers on it? Will floaties or something similar work if we stay in the shallow water?

Sorry this has been so long and hopefully I will have better news when I report back.

I don't have a pre-trip report because I don't know how to start one. I really am computer dumb:( O-Well.

We met with the Dream Factory today and got informed we won't be staying at GKTW they are all booked up. Big time bummer for not only my daughter but my whole family. Don't get me wrong I am totally grateful for the trip and all but was really looking forward to having some more room etc. O-Well I guess we will be staying at the parks mostly 'cause who wants to be cramped in a small room for to long? We will get 300 dollars a piece for spending etc. That is also to include food, gas, gifts and etc. Glad to hear you didn't spend to much on things because I think ours will mostly go to food as we won't be staying at GKTW.

My daughter also is getting to eat a lunch with Snow White. She is so psyched. Now I don't have to try to hunt her down in the park. My son also wants a dinner meeting with goofy or stitch. Do you know how much those cost. My husband is kinda freakin out and has signed up for crazy amounts of overtime, just in case.

Do you know of anyone who has stayed in a hotel of property? I hope they have a fridge for Lexi's insulin. O.K., maybe I am getting to freaked also on worrying about everything.

I think they have changed the dates on us again. This makes 3 times and still no GKTW. Sorry if I sound ungrateful because really I am thankful and couldn't do this for my daughter right now without their help. I shouln't have looked at all of this cool stuff on here and read how wonderful GKTW is until after my meeting because now I am feeling a little let down.

I am sure we will still have a blast and am glad to hear that your ocean day went so well because before today we were going to skip the ocean but since we will be paying for meals out anyway I think we are going to make a day of the ocean. Do you think my 4 year old is to young to go? My husband had a twin brother who drowned in a lake when they were 14 so he is very paranoid about the water. Any pointers on it? Will floaties or something similar work if we stay in the shallow water?

Sorry this has been so long and hopefully I will have better news when I report back.

I am so sorry you feel let down. I totally understand how you're feeling, really i do. Can you change the date for your liking? Even if it means waiting longer? That really stinks. Is the wish people covering the cost of the luncheon, or does that come out of the $300? What about car rental, is that covered? I am going to PM you later today, as I need more time to think about what you're going through and want to say the right thing. Ok?

Ocean question.....my youngest is 2 and was more interested in making holes in the sand. The water was very cold, so that's good. She didn't want any part of that. ;) Either my husband or I watched the lil one, while the other watched the other 2 frolicking in the ocean getting farther and farther away.....:eek: I don't know about floaties, but maybe them board thingys? You really can't "swim" in the ocean per se, but just stand and jump over the currents. I wouldn't let my kids even attempt to "swim" as the current is so strong, and it was very windy which made for higher tides. So I wouldn't recommend "swimming" no matter the age. I don't recall where you are from as I have a horrible memory, so not sure if you've ever been to an ocean, or live by one?
If you do go to the beach, I hear the water is so much prettier on the west coast. Clear water! We were too lazy to deal with directions and wanted the easiest route. Now we wish we would have gone to the gulf. If the kids were more enthused about it, we may have done so.

Great TR!!! I haven't been able to read it all yet, but I'll have to go back and do so. :) I love the big pink sucker your littlest one had! :thumbsup2 And the picture of the three of them in fron of the castle is priceless. :goodvibes

Just a quick question: what housenumber did you have? Your villa looks awefully familiar.

Looking at GKTW pictures makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Wish we could go back. :)

Great TR!!! I haven't been able to read it all yet, but I'll have to go back and do so. :) I love the big pink sucker your littlest one had! :thumbsup2 And the picture of the three of them in fron of the castle is priceless. :goodvibes

Just a quick question: what housenumber did you have? Your villa looks awefully familiar.

Looking at GKTW pictures makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Wish we could go back. :)

Thanks so much, nothing better than a huge lollypop!

We were in #105, the third house to the right of entrance. i would think that they all looked alike?

Also did I didn't mention this week has been extremely hard on my daughter because she has had to miss 3 out of 5 days of school due to her BG being so high while at school and not coming down even with corrections. When I get her home they seem to come down and do pretty good. I think there is something going on stressful at school that is making her BG's skyrocket. The teacher hasn't noticed anything that would be stressful for her as her grades are wonderful. I am thinking it may be the same girl that is bullying her but I haven't been able to get anything out of my daughter.

Hi Becky,
I think it is La Vista that is getting the ball field...not sure to be honest. We are a military family and not from Nebraska, so we don't have the football/baseball genes like many Nebraskans! :) We are from Kentucky originally and don't have basketball genes either...never really our thing...
We did meet with our wish granters--Pam and Lori. Very sweet ladies.
We are all so excited about the trip. Sam keeps asking how many more days..when I tell him, he says, that is too many!
Take care,
Mary Anne

I just stumbled on your TR! We are in Lincoln and my son Nick went on his MAW trip in Jan. I loved looking at your pics, they brought back so many memories.

Omaha. We technically live in Omaha now, since they annexed us 2 years ago....:sad2: But I still say I live in Elkhorn.

I still call it Elkhorn too. We eat at the Sam and Louie's there most times that we have to take Nick up to the immunologist. We have a couple of them here but we like the one there better.

Hi I have started a pre-trip thread. We also got everything figured out for the GKTW. We have changed our dates. We are going June 18-24. Thanks for listening to me and understanding. Just so you know it was GKTW who told me we were approved to stay there as our volunteer still hasn't called us back. I guess they are swamped with requests right now.

The link isn't working for me! boo hoo:confused: If you go to the Wish Trippers Unite, on the first or second post, there are instructions on how to start a trip thread! I will be on the look out!:idea:

I am so glad that you've changed the dates. I was worried that you wouldn't look into it. Too bad that you haven't been able to be on the same page as your Dream Factory respresentaive! Bummer. But even still, I am so happy for you, and you will enjoy GKTW way better than a hotel room!

I think my daughter will love GKTW. I really shouldn't have showed her anything until it was all confirmed. I just thought they told us we were staying there and it was a go. I didn't realize they hadn't booked anything yet.

We are coming to Omaha on May 16th and 17th. My neice is graduating and then coming to live here for awhile. My kids absolutely love her and my daughter really wants her to go with us to disney. We are going to save our money to go back next year, to that mermaid beach, so my neice will go with us then.

I loved reading your report and thank you again for listening through my drama.:)

I think my daughter will love GKTW. I really shouldn't have showed her anything until it was all confirmed. I just thought they told us we were staying there and it was a go. I didn't realize they hadn't booked anything yet.

We are coming to Omaha on May 16th and 17th. My neice is graduating and then coming to live here for awhile. My kids absolutely love her and my daughter really wants her to go with us to disney. We are going to save our money to go back next year, to that mermaid beach, so my neice will go with us then.

I loved reading your report and thank you again for listening through my drama.:)

No way! Where is your neice graduating from? Perhaps we could meet up?

I did the same thing as you. I was showing Piper all the things at GKTW. So you shouldn't be blaming yourself. NOT AT ALL! ;)

She is graduating from Boy's Town. She really wasn't a bad kid she just acted out because her ex-step-mom was very mean to her. She is staying the summer with us and then going to school for nursing.

I would love to meet up, my daughter reads these reports along with me and is so excited to get to know others who also have disabilities. I think it makes her feel less alone.

We actually go to Omaha about every other month. We are hoping to make it to the zoo before it gets to hot. My daughter won 4 tickets at a school carnival. We could also meet up and do the zoo if that is something you are interested in.

The pass around the world that people talk about, what is on it in the Omaha/Lincoln/K.C. area?

Thanks for making me feel better about showing Lexi things. I think I am more excited for her than she is. LOL O-Well I guess that is part of being a mom.

She is graduating from Boy's Town. She really wasn't a bad kid she just acted out because her ex-step-mom was very mean to her. She is staying the summer with us and then going to school for nursing.

I would love to meet up, my daughter reads these reports along with me and is so excited to get to know others who also have disabilities. I think it makes her feel less alone.

We actually go to Omaha about every other month. We are hoping to make it to the zoo before it gets to hot. My daughter won 4 tickets at a school carnival. We could also meet up and do the zoo if that is something you are interested in.

The pass around the world that people talk about, what is on it in the Omaha/Lincoln/K.C. area?

Thanks for making me feel better about showing Lexi things. I think I am more excited for her than she is. LOL O-Well I guess that is part of being a mom.

Oh yes, BoysTown! Not too far from where I live. I'm about 10 minutes, if that, from there. Sure, let me know when you're in town. We have a zoo pass, so we frequent there when the weather is nice.

As far as the World Passport, Omaha. Whatever it was, it wasn't appealing to us, ha ha. Maybe because we live here? I'll have to check. I've got all the MAW trip stuff put away. That's one thing that I've gotten done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter