Pinky & Dot Have a Wacky Xmas Romp - Day 7 Facial @ GF, Epcot, R&C, YSH, Illumination

PrincessAurora

<font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre
CAST:
"Pinky" AKA PrincessAurora - Computer geek, web designer, and Disney Princess Fiend. Always planning her next trip to The World.
Dot – Tech Contractor, 40’s Swing Dancer & Hep Kitten, first timer at WDW – veteran Disneyland Nut. (Please note all detailed food reviews are featured as separate reports after Day 8)

OK, we are starting to hit the wall now. We are moving a bit slower, trying to squeeze more fun out of every available moment. I sat in my room this morning, looking out at the pines and thinking, “I only have one more night in this room.” I was a bit sad.

Well, since we knew that we had some time before World Showcase opened, we had made appointments for facial massages at the Grand Floridian. So off we go to a lovely spa experience. We used one of our “wishes” from our package and we got a 20 minute aromatherapy facial massage (including tip) and use of the spa facilities (steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi). This was WONDERFUL! Next time I’m going to take a day and just get a day of beauty, laze around the pool and have a fabulous dinner. It was so refreshing and enjoyable. The spa is over by the Wedding Pavilion and from there you can walk to The Poly if you were so inclined.

From the Grand Floridian, we took the monorail to the TTC and transferred to the Epcot monorail. We had a little bit of time before World Showcase opened so we rode Spaceship Earth. A nice relaxing journey through the history of communication. I suggest waiting until later in the day to ride this ride. It’s a nice refresher. The line moves fast but very first thing, everyone and their dog is riding so you can get on faster if you just wait an hour or so.

Next we took a tour through the House of the Future. I’ve always liked this exhibit. It keeps me updated on my list of things I want such as a bidet, a digital television and an oven that weighs your food, sets the temperature, cooks it and shuts itself off when it’s done.

We then went in search of the Talking Trashcan I heard tell about and found it inside the Electric Umbrella. We played with that until it was time for lunch at Rose & Crown. We did have a nice meal although I still haven’t gotten over the fact that they no longer serve prime rib for lunch. Total bummer. I think next time I will just stop by the pub part for an ale and try Le Cellier for lunch.

After lunch and a bit of shopping, I tried to eat all the snacks that I didn’t get last time but wanted to try anyway.

Beavertails (Canada): OK, everyone is right. They are NOT as good now as they use to be. When I was last here in early 2000, the Beavertails were deep fried while you waited. They were hot and crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Now they have them pre-fried. So they pull one out and put it through a toaster to warm it up. I had the sugar cinnamon and Dot had strawberries and cream. They were good but not like before.

Another thing I heard of on this Board but didn’t get to try last time was Kaki Gori from Japan. So off we went. This is basically a snowcone. The flavors they have are strawberry (for the unadventurous), honeydew melon, tangerine or a combo of all three in stripes called rainbow. We went for the whole hog (rainbow) and was it ever yummy. I really recommend this, we couldn’t decide which flavor we liked best.

Then a quick jaunt to Norway. First I decided to buy candy that was not written in English. So I chose Smil $2.00. I was like a Rollo. In fact I liked this one better than Rollo’s. I also went to the bakery to try the infamous rice cream. This was very good and something my Mom use to make for Thanksgiving. It is basically fresh whipped cream mixed with rice and served chilled. This version had strawberry halfway through it. Very nice!

Now for my favorite new section, “Stupid Human Tricks”. Remember back in Trip Report 1&2 when I ran into that guy in the World of Disney and had to explain the concept of imagination? Here are some interesting bits we overheard at Epcot.

Heard in Canada: (OK, this one isn’t so bad, that’s why it’s first)
One Lady saying to another: “I didn’t know Anne of Green Gables was from Canada?” (Where did they think Prince Edward Island was anyway? Jersey?)

Heard in Italy:
Dude #1 to friend with glass of wine: “Is that vino?”
Dude #2: “No, it’s red.”

Heard in Mexico:
16 year old American male: “Hola, como estas? That’s French isn’t it?”
16 year old American female: “No! You know, that’s like Hawaiian!”

I fear for our future.

We finished our shopping and caught the boat over to the Beach Club. It was my opportunity to check out these two Resorts. I didn’t find Beaches & Cream but did find Cape May in the lobby area. This is a nice resort but I didn’t feel any great pull. As always, if someone gave me a free trip I wouldn’t turn it down but it’s not something I would pick.

Then we walked past Stormalong Bay, agreeing that the pool and slide were neat, over to the Yacht Club. It was also a very nice resort, a bit more reserved than Beach Club. I believe I would have jumped on this resort in a second if Wilderness Lodge hadn’t already seduced me. The Yachtsman Steakhouse is a really handsome place but it doesn’t have the ambiance of Citricos or Artist’s Point.

After a nice dinner, we checked out the amazing half size carousel made entirely out of gingerbread – horses and all. It was incredible! Then we decided to walk back to Epcot for Illuminations. It doesn’t take that long and it’s a nice walk.

With our Discovery Magic package we each got a voucher for a reserved seating area (by the boat launch in Morocco) so we didn’t have to fight for a place to watch. Dot had never seen Illuminations and it’s so difficult to describe. It’s just incredible, awe-inspiring, an almost religious experience. It’s not just fireworks or lasers or lights, it’s so much more. And after all the horrible things that have happened to us these past few months, it makes you really appreciate this planet and each other just a little bit more.

NEXT: Day 8: Magic Kingdom, Liberty Tree Tavern, Fly Home

I have been to Disney World eleven times and I have never tried a beaver tail......where I have nothing to compare it to.....sort of leaves me out in left field.....I thank you for your great report and your good humor too......

LOL. My DH claims he was put on this earth to overhear dumb things (like you experienced). The things we have heard in WDW would scare you? I.E. Woman to son in front of Spaceship Earth: Well honey, they just built it to prove that they could build something like that." Then to her husband: "Is there a ride in there?" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you are putting those "wishes" to good use!

:)

LOL LOL LOL! Have I already mentioned how much I love your sense of humor? I love the dialogs your overheard in Epcot. Scary, isn't it?

I loved reading about your day. It's so sad that last day at the hotel, isn't it?

Sounds like a great day...Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter