Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

We've been planning a DISmeet for the folks on the Games board for over two years now. I think PIO started the meet thread two years out from the meet and we have just started to nail down our ADR plans, and other activities. We're going to have an awesome International BBQ with PIO making Fried Rice and I'll make a tri tip, we had about 6-7 people originally in on it, now there are 4 or more with their families.

It will be fun. Plus we're booking a Wishes Cruise and doing some dinners including a Fantasmic package, should be a fun vacay mixed with good 2D friends meeting up and also family time with ourselves.

:thumbsup2

We've been planning a DISmeet for the folks on the Games board for over two years now. I think PIO started the meet thread two years out from the meet and we have just started to nail down our ADR plans, and other activities. We're going to have an awesome International BBQ with PIO making Fried Rice and I'll make a tri tip, we had about 6-7 people originally in on it, now there are 4 or more with their families.

It will be fun. Plus we're booking a Wishes Cruise and doing some dinners including a Fantasmic package, should be a fun vacay mixed with good 2D friends meeting up and also family time with ourselves.

That sounds like a total blast. Can't wait to read about it. :thumbsup2

That is very tempting for the Friday & Saturday after Thanksgiving...

Okay thanks for explaining ladies :thumbsup2

The dates I have are October 8-11, 2013. Our UY is December and those 5 points were banked from a previous year.

Let us know if you end working a mutually advantaged transaction! :thumbsup2

Dang! I leave on the 7th! If you were going to be there on the 5th, you could come to our awesome cookout party that PIO and I are planning at the BCV!

Well they are there and I must use them before Dec1st this year, so if anyone wants to rent them, I am game.

That sounds like a total blast. Can't wait to read about it. :thumbsup2

I think it will be! It's cracking me up because I don't even have a PTR going and it seems like we have already worked out so many of the details! Soon we will be booking ADRs

Well they are there and I must use them before Dec1st this year, so if anyone wants to rent them, I am game.

I would love to help you, but I have so many points that I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to use them all. I've got several different rental deals in the works!

You need to start a PTR on this one for sure! popcorn:: A franandaj/PIO trippie? I'm in! :woohoo:

I think you're already reading her PTR. :confused3 I need to finish my two TRs, start a PTR for the Cruise, and then think about the Gamers DISmeet PTR. Heck! I've got the Expo coming up in five months and I haven't even finished the TR from the last Destination-D yet! :rotfl:

That's why I am furiously composing! Update on the way! :thumbsup2

I think you're already reading her PTR. :confused3 I need to finish my two TRs, start a PTR for the Cruise, and then think about the Gamers DISmeet PTR. Heck! I've got the Expo coming up in five months and I haven't even finished the TR from the last Destination-D yet! :rotfl:

That's why I am furiously composing! Update on the way! :thumbsup2

I read her trip report but I don't think I'm reading her PTR. :rotfl2: I can't keep up with this obsession. I was thinking about starting a Spring Break report but I'm behind on my WDW one as it is. I need to update our meet too. Looks like I'll be able to as Gabby went grocery shipping for me after school. Whoever said having a kid that can drive doesn't rock is CRAZY! It's increased the quality of my life tenfold. :yay:

Can't wait for the update. Your lastest Dest D update was incredible. The Oscar gave me the chills. :thumbsup2

Now it was Monday with three full days left in the trip.

This was my morning view.

IMG_5149_zpse7316129.jpg

We had no ADRs planned for the daytime, but it seemed to be a no brainer to go to MK as we were right here. We both wanted to see the new Fantasyland and eat at Be Our Guest restaurant. I had heard mixed reviews, but nothing but good about the soups that they served. We decided to get two bowls of soup and split a sandwich, but I get ahead of myself! The other plan that fell into place was that Laura (RachelTori) had arrived at the World the day before. We sent each other text messages in the morning and it turns out she had the same tentative plans as we did.

Because of the way the rest of the trip was going to work out, I suggested that use up our bacon and pancake mix for this mornings breakfast. For 99 cents and some water, those pancakes came out mighty tasty!

DSC01137_zps58335918.jpg

Oh yeah, and the melon wasnt bad either!

DSC01138_zpse6fae422.jpg

So we headed out after breakfast. I think it was before 7AM that Laura and I were texting. Amazing! We ate our breakfast and then headed over to the Magic Kingdom. I cant even believe that we made it in time for the preshow!

IMG_5151_zpsa2965e1e.jpg

DSC01140_zps07c26b4d.jpg

DSC01141_zps971713f8.jpg

IMG_5154_zps94a41b14.jpg

It always throws me off with that Twilight Zone sort of experience going to the MK. I keep expecting to see Disneylands Main Street and it never is! :lmao:

DSC01143_zps77ca2796.jpg

DSC01144_zpscc6ea492.jpg

Nope, Walts Apartment isnt there.

DSC01146_zps7bf802ee.jpg

Why is that silly crane always there? (at least during our trip)

DSC01148_zps33755f0c.jpg

Our destination was to check out the new Fantasyland.

IMG_5160_zpsfbf6ec8e.jpg

DSC01149_zps2a526ad6.jpg

DSC01151_zps85bb1833.jpg

A CM informed us that Ariels ride was down. We started to get in the queue for Enchanted Tales with Belle, but realized that the wait would be pretty much an hour. No scooters were allowed and Fran would have needed to either transfer to a wheelchair or stand for the hour wait. We decided to pass on that attraction too and just check out the area.

IMG_5166_zps995049c6.jpg

DSC01153_zps6d12e928.jpg

DSC01154_zpsab824411.jpg

DSC01156_zpsba982120.jpg

IMG_5170_zpsbc01fd65.jpg

DSC01159_zps327eedc1.jpg

IMG_5171_zps662e32c1.jpg

IMG_5174_zpsea729c09.jpg

IMG_5177_zpsd2b6516c.jpg

IMG_5181_zps5ed948a1.jpg

And then we went inside

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

DSC01161_zpse953a79e.jpg

DSC01160_zps2d7a3ff3.jpg

IMG_5185_zps652f2058.jpg

IMG_5188_zps29931f06.jpg

IMG_5191_zpsbf241cfe.jpg

IMG_5192_zpscba01c4d.jpg

IMG_5187_zps38db25d6.jpg

IMG_5200_zps23fb00b6.jpg

DSC01173_zps73f16e8f.jpg

DSC01165_zps4fbd49c9.jpg

DSC01166_zps4ef47b47.jpg

DSC01167_zps442ced09.jpg

DSC01168_zps2f2b2e32.jpg

DSC01169_zps47fe6bdf.jpg

DSC01174_zps153998ef.jpg

DSC01163_zpseaa676da.jpg

DSC01176_zps4919d10e.jpg

DSC01177_zpsa7cc43cf.jpg

After that we went to see the rest of what was open in Fantasyland.

That morning view was truly beautiful. Typical that the Little Mermaid Ride was down. In 3 trips to Disneyland and one to WDW, I managed to ride it twice. Everytime else I wanted to ride it, it was down. I would have loved to see how different the WDW is.

Corinna

I read her trip report but I don't think I'm reading her PTR. :rotfl2: I can't keep up with this obsession. I was thinking about starting a Spring Break report but I'm behind on my WDW one as it is. I need to update our meet too. Looks like I'll be able to as Gabby went grocery shipping for me after school. Whoever said having a kid that can drive doesn't rock is CRAZY! It's increased the quality of my life tenfold. :yay:

Can't wait for the update. Your lastest Dest D update was incredible. The Oscar gave me the chills. :thumbsup2

It's the "Anyone Game" thread. I could have sworn that I've seen you on it. I'm glad that you are getting time to do updates, because I want to see those pictures from Friday!!!!!

That morning view was truly beautiful. Typical that the Little Mermaid Ride was down. In 3 trips to Disneyland and one to WDW, I managed to ride it twice. Everytime else I wanted to ride it, it was down. I would have loved to see how different the WDW is.

Corinna

Almost every day there was fog on the lake and it looked really cool!

I've heard that the LM rides themselves are completely identical, so I wasn't so worried about it being down. I would have liked to have gone through the queue, I've heard that is really great. I don't know why it goes down so often, it's not like it's a complicated ride.

I agree about MK's Main St. It's just so freaky to me. The castle while gorgeous is too big and the fire dept looks so sad all alone.

Breakfast looks good. Love homemade breakfast and the easier the better.

We missed that entire area of FL. Be Our Guest looks fantastic. They did a great job.

That was neat that you and Fran were able to make the pre-show before the MK opened that morning.

It would have been nice that the Little Mermaid ride would be open that morning. The MK version ride experience is exactly the same as the DCA. The queue at the MK is way better over DCA ride.

Nice pictures from Be Our Guest Restaurant. It was neat that you were able to get a lot of different pictures of the restaurant and in the main dining room where it was quiet.

Very nice update.

The fog looks so pretty! Unlike what we get here right?! :eek:

I, too, am shocked that you guys made it to the pre-show :thumbsup2

The details in BoG is so amazing. What a beautiful restaurant that I hope to go to soon!

Nice pics of Be Our Guest. I'm looking forward to seeing FL when we go for the MNSSHP night in November.

Catching up! I love the pictures you got in the new Fantasyland. Makes me real excited to think that I'll be seeing it in October. :thumbsup2

The fog on the lake was beautiful...

The pictures of BOG and fantasyland are beautiful, I love all the details

I agree about MK's Main St. It's just so freaky to me. The castle while gorgeous is too big and the fire dept looks so sad all alone.

Breakfast looks good. Love homemade breakfast and the easier the better.

We missed that entire area of FL. Be Our Guest looks fantastic. They did a great job.

I think they were still doing soft openings on FL while you were there, sometimes guests at that time were getting in and sometimes not. Bret got a sneak preview of BoG on his trip.

That was neat that you and Fran were able to make the pre-show before the MK opened that morning.

It would have been nice that the Little Mermaid ride would be open that morning. The MK version ride experience is exactly the same as the DCA. The queue at the MK is way better over DCA ride.

Nice pictures from Be Our Guest Restaurant. It was neat that you were able to get a lot of different pictures of the restaurant and in the main dining room where it was quiet.

Very nice update.

I had heard of people waiting 15 minutes, just to get a picture of the mosaic without people in it, so I was glad we stumbled upon the restaurant before it opened.

The fog looks so pretty! Unlike what we get here right?! :eek:

I, too, am shocked that you guys made it to the pre-show :thumbsup2

The details in BoG is so amazing. What a beautiful restaurant that I hope to go to soon!

I don't like the tule fog at all, it's creepy. The restaurant itself is very pretty, but I haven't heard many good reviews of the food.

Nice pics of Be Our Guest. I'm looking forward to seeing FL when we go for the MNSSHP night in November.

Hopefully everything will be open by then.

Catching up! I love the pictures you got in the new Fantasyland. Makes me real excited to think that I'll be seeing it in October. :thumbsup2

I hope more things are open (like the Seven Dwarves mine train), but everything says 2014. Maybe they will have soft openings.

The fog on the lake was beautiful...

The pictures of BOG and fantasyland are beautiful, I love all the details

Disney does great with the details and the fog was beautiful, it was there every morning except one.

We left off having just visited Be Our Guest before the restaurant was open. We ventured on in Fantasyland. There was Gaston’s place

DSC01181_zpsdcf386fc.jpg

DSC01180_zpsc57a464e.jpg

DSC01178_zpsb514eb84.jpg

Sadly enough, I didn’t actually go into either place? :confused3

DSC01183_zps15aa25ce.jpg

And Ariel’s ride (which was down)

DSC01186_zpsba7ec7fe.jpg

IMG_5213_zps2594e16b.jpg

IMG_5215_zpse6fc8193.jpg

IMG_5218_zpsfcccad39.jpg

DSC01188_zps604bae02.jpg

DSC01190_zps8e914306.jpg

IMG_5220_zps2daf8368.jpg

IMG_5221_zps9948653c.jpg

IMG_5222_zps46b07529.jpg

DSC01191_zps3871339b.jpg

And right across from the Little Mermaid ride was the construction for the 7 Dwarves Mine Ride

IMG_5216_zps34034494.jpg

IMG_5217_zps26e79fb1.jpg

We decided to head over to the Storybook circus area and the mine ride will be right in the middle of everything so we had to walk all around the construction. Another look at the Beast’s castle as we headed out back around to the other side of Fantasyland.

IMG_5231_zpse30a77d5.jpg

What I thought was very interesting was that they had peep holes in the fence so that you could actually look in at the construction. Normally Disney doesn’t want you to see anything, but here they were encouraging folks to take a look see.

IMG_5239_zps663bd683.jpg

IMG_5240_zpsaab42e94.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter