PIN Use Question

NovDis

Earning My Ears
I know this has probably been addressed a dozen times, but I am on hold right now and of course, can't find the answer to it and the CM is saying it can't be done. So, I must ask:confused3.

I have a current reservation at the GF under my name for my DH, DD and my friend who is accompanying us. She received the PIN code offer today. The CM said that it can not be applied to my reservation because my reservation would have to be canceled and then one made in her name. She said she can't even tell me if it would apply to the room type/dates until that was done and that it would be 2 seperate transactions. Obviously, I don't want to lose my reservation. The GF has no other availability during our stay.

Can my friend be changed to the primary person on my reservation and apply the PIN to it without having to cancel the first one and risk losing the existing reservation/deal I have?

I know this has probably been addressed a dozen times, but I am on hold right now and of course, can't find the answer to it and the CM is saying it can't be done. So, I must ask:confused3.

I have a current reservation at the GF under my name for my DH, DD and my friend who is accompanying us. She received the PIN code offer today. The CM said that it can not be applied to my reservation because my reservation would have to be canceled and then one made in her name. She said she can't even tell me if it would apply to the room type/dates until that was done and that it would be 2 seperate transactions. Obviously, I don't want to lose my reservation. The GF has no other availability during our stay.

Can my friend be changed to the primary person on my reservation and apply the PIN to it without having to cancel the first one and risk losing the existing reservation/deal I have?

The standard response is call back and get a different CM who might be willing to TRY and change the name. But, based on what others have said, your original CM is probably right.

Now, there's nothing keeping your friend from calling and booking with her pin, as primary, then adding you to her ressie, assuming she can get the same (or comparable) rooms/dates/deals...

Good luck!

There have been many reports here on the boards about having issues changing the primary person on the reservation. They all reported that they couldn't make this change without having to cancel and reschedule.

What I would do is have the friend call and book the room under her name with the pin. Once she secures the reservation then call and cancel yours. That way if she can't get the room with the discount you are assured to have a room.

There are only so many rooms available for each discount. If there isn't any room available at the GF then chances are pretty good that she isn't going to be able to use the pin during the time period in which you are traveling.

I'd try with another CM or two before you give up on it. I checked in this morning prior to making the final payment on our 11/4-11/9 trip to see if I had a pin show up and I still hadn't. But the *excellent* CM I had not only checked around for all offers I'd be eligible, he also checked under my mom's name, who is primary on another reservation linked to ours, came up blank, and then for bonus points, he also checked my sister's name (non-primary on my mom's reservation) and found the free dining PIN offer under her name and applied that to both of our reservations and even setup a new reservation for my wife's parents with the offer.

I'd always thought that these offers were good for up to 3 rooms in your travelling party, not restricted to the primary reservation holder, and this experience certainly backed that up. But this is also the first time I've run into that particular circumstance, so could be I just got very, very lucky.

Good luck!!
-BiffMan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter