pin trading

There was a pin trading with officers on our March 2011 cruise on the Magic. Our kids have not taken their pins on our last few cruises so I am not sure if they still do it.

Yep! My kids were selected to stand alongside the officers during the officers' pin trading session in the atrium one evening. They were ecstatic!

is there pin trading on the DCL? I have heard rumor there is not but hoping differently

On the Fantasy in January 2013 they had the officers pin trading event but you can also check with front desk (they had lanyard or pin books behind desk), store cast members also will trade (pocket lanyards or pin book) ... We found you just have to ask and many had pins to trade. At least in those cast member positions.

On the Fantasy on January 2014 pin trading in the stores max of 2 trades per person per day and an officer pin trading evening. It was sons first pin 'event' and he loved it

I sure hope so, cuz I got DD a special Jack Skellington lanyard and she has a BUNCH of pins ready for trade!

Good to know there is pin trading! Going on our first DCL cruise next May and we will have our pins and lanyards in tow :)

On the Fantasy on January 2014 pin trading in the stores max of 2 trades per person per day and an officer pin trading evening. It was sons first pin 'event' and he loved it

They actually enforced 2 per day? My kids have gotten to know many CMs in the shops through trading and they would stop by a few times a day to see if there were any new pins on their lanyards. The CMs handing out wipes at the MDRs and Cabanas during the day also have pin trading lanyards.

We sailed a b2b2b on the Dream (May 1st, May 4th, and May 8th). There was pin trading several different times during all three cruises.

I was looking for a pin that would represent having sailed on all 4 Disney ships. The CM who was helping me, opened up a large trunk which was filled with pins. He stated that the trunk was usually only opened during pintrading. The truck was approximately 4 foot tall by 4 foot wide, and about 2 feet deep. The trunk was filled with pins.

The Navigator will list the specific times, but there are CM's throughout the ship with pin lanyards on who were trading whenever we saw them.

We sailed the Western May 10th, 2014 and there was no officer pin trading and no cm's wearing lanyards. Each store had a pin trading book, minimum 2 pins per trade. I asked why no Pin Trading with the officers and they said they were worried about cross contamination. We were disappointed as we wanted to pin trade. The books in the stores only had hidden mickey pins, lots of them. Also we were on the first Western to Jamaica and there was no port pin for Jamaica.

We sailed a b2b2b on the Dream (May 1st, May 4th, and May 8th). There was pin trading several different times during all three cruises.

I was looking for a pin that would represent having sailed on all 4 Disney ships. The CM who was helping me, opened up a large trunk which was filled with pins. He stated that the trunk was usually only opened during pintrading. The truck was approximately 4 foot tall by 4 foot wide, and about 2 feet deep. The trunk was filled with pins.

The Navigator will list the specific times, but there are CM's throughout the ship with pin lanyards on who were trading whenever we saw them.

Did you find a "cycle" pin?

FYI, Just in case you collect pressed coins, they have pressed coin machines in the cruise termminal at Port Canaveral, so bring some shinny pennies and quarters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter