Pin trading?

disneynme

Mouseketeer
You all will have to forgive me for all of my newbie questions. This will be our first cruise and I will have a ton of them in the coming months.

Is pin trading something that is done on the ships? Do the cast/crew do trading with guests?

Yes crew have pins and best are the CM that work in the shops on board the ships - they always have a lanyard in a drawer to trade with so make sure to ask. Some of the cruises also have set trading times / programs.

Thank you. My DD loves to pin trade. I'll have to make sure and stock her up for the cruise and the parks.

You all will have to forgive me for all of my newbie questions. This will be our first cruise and I will have a ton of them in the coming months.

Is pin trading something that is done on the ships? Do the cast/crew do trading with guests?
There are also pins available that are exclusive to the ships. We just got a great Alaska pin on the Wonder a few weeks ago! I noticed more pin trading on this cruise than in the past. There are pin trading events listed in your Navigator.

We just got off a 4 night on the Dream. There was an hour scheduled in the lobby on the last night for pin trading with the crew.

I don't trade pins but always wear my lanyard with my favorite pins on it. I didn't see anyone else wearing pins on the cruise, even crew. I happily wore my pins, but it's a different crowd than the parks.

Lots of Castaway Club lanyard wearers with kttw pouches, but no pins.

I got a Dream 2011 inaugural pin on the first night. I looked again on the last night and they were sold out, so shop early.

The shops open around 6PM on debarkation day.

Check your Navigator.

There is pin trading scheduled every single day.
Once during each cruise there is a night of pin trading with the Officers.
Also, Guest Services CMs have lanyards.

LOVED pin trading my way through Alaska!

- Dreams

P.S. There is a LE edition pin for each port that the cruise goes to. In Alaska, I got a LE pin for Vancouver, Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan. LOVE them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter