Pin Trading

luckycharms2010

Mouseketeer
I went to DL several times as a kid with my dad who lives in SO Cal and is a AP holder.As a kid we did the pin trading thing and I am trying to remember how it works. So correct me if I'm wrong or not remembering something... also has anything changed? Do they still do this at DL?

Whoever wants to participate wears a lanyard with disney pins. If I see a cast member wearing a lanyard I can trade two pins? Also I seem to remember that there are CM's that wear certain color lanyards that only kids can trade with them? I haven't done this since I was 13 or 14yo so I can't remember.
Please help!

Yes, CM's with teal lanyards will only trade with children 12 and under, I think it's 12...it might be 10 and under......it's been a while. :)
Yes, you can trade 2 pins per CM, however the pin you are giving the CM cannot already be on their lanyard.
You can trade with individuals as well, as long as the individual is open to trading with you.
Use the link in my signature for some good pin sellers on eBay, be aware that many many sellers on eBay are selling "scrappers" also known as fake pins. The link in my sig will help you find good sellers on eBay. :)

Yes, they are still doing pin trading at DLR. There are a couple of different colored lanyards, but I think the only ones with restrictions are the green-ish ones. Those are for kids only. Adults can trade with cast members wearing the black or maroon ones. It's strictly a one-for-one trade and as long as the pin you are offering is not already on their lanyard they will trade. The pin must be in good condition, come from Disney (i.e., have the Disney copy right on the back), and have the straight/stick pin back (so no buttons).

Disney has an FAQ that can provide you with lots of information:
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/page?id=getStarted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter