• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin Trading

ariel75

<font color=blue>Mr Clooney, Yum Yum<br><font colo
WE HAVE ONLY STARTED COLLECTING PINS ON OUR LAST 2 VISITS TO DISNEY AND THE LANYARD IS NOW GETTING HEAVY(I FEEL LIKE I PINCHED MR T'S JEWELLERY)
WHAT I WAS WONDERING IS WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR PINS HAVE YOU GOT ANY USEFUL WAYS OF DISPLAYING THEM AND WHEN YOU GO TO THE PARKS DO YOU CARRY THEM ROUND WITH YOU (ALL OF OURS HAVE A MEMORY BEHIND THEM SO WE WOULD NOT WANT TO TRADE ANY OF THESE!!!)
dO YOU BUY DIFFERENT ONES TO TRADE IF SO WHERE DO YOU GET THESE FROM??

if im trading i tend to buy the cheapie one like the little cuties to swap, much cheaper, id avoid ebay lots as they arent always authentic, you can get bags, we display our favourites on a memo board and the kids wear there laynards to the park with a selection on they dont mind trading for , they tend to collect a theme each, jess in tink and minnie, jamie lieks the monorail ones and pirates.

I have yet to trade mine as I tend to buy LE ones that I want to keep. I keep all mine in the pin trading case but I have decided to frame some around a photo.

id avoid ebay lots as they arent always authentic, .

I LOOKED ON HERE AND THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BUT I'M NEVER 100% OF BUYING THINGS FROM HERE AS THEY ALL STATE THAT THEY ARE AUTHENTIC.
THE BAG SEEMS A GOOD IDEA.

I don't really trade any of mine as I collect them and they are all in pin bags.

If I don't buy them in Disney I get them off ebay but I pretty much know what i'm buying and it's provenance so I have no worries there.

I have a few that I take to the parks for trading and I have a mini pin bag that just sits like a shoulder bag.

The kids have a lanyard each with pins they want to trade.

At some point I will get around to buying the framed pin sets I want so I can display them on my hall wall but otherwise they stay in the bags and are just for my pleasure. Damn heavy the are too!!!

HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO DO THAT?

Haven't done it yet but I have got a couple of deep frames. My dads work will be able to print a large photo as they have a plotter, I will then put the pins on around the picture on strong card.

I know other have displayed their pins on cork boards

I have 2 pin bags that I keep my 'keeper' pins in. Then I have a smaller bag for trading pins. I have 2 lanyards I take into the parks, one with LE pins on that I keep in my bag and one with regular trading pins on that I wear around my neck. I have one of those clear zip wallet things attached to this for pask passes, fastpasses etc too. Then I keep my small trader bag back in the room and fill the trader lanyeard back up when we go back for afternoon breaks, in the evening etc. I usually have 10 or 12 traders on my laynard at any one time.

As for where I get my traders from I have used ebay in the past but just buy pins where I can see what I am buying before I bid on them. Plus I take part in the pin exchanges here on the dis exchange board a few times a year so sometimes I get pins that I trade from there too.

I've always bought lots on eBay to trade, I just go for sellers with lots of positive feedback relevant to pin selling and have never had a problem.. Quite a few of the ones i've received have been past or present CM lanyard pins :) I only have tradeables on my lanyard and the rest are currently in a pin bag but I would quite like a proper album for them. I'm actually planning to sell a big chunk of my collection to focus on a few particular characters/films like Chip and Dale and POTC, it was getting a bit out of hand!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter